Home Sports Talk
Options

Michigan State Fans....Your coach is a Strange Dude

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
what was Up with that interview yesterday?

he looked like he was having some mental problems and THEN he SMACKS himself upside the face!!!!

????

Is he NUTS or was I imagining things?

Comments

• Options

<< <i>what was Up with that interview yesterday?

he looked like he was having some mental problems and THEN he SMACKS himself upside the face!!!!

????

Is he NUTS or was I imagining things? >>

John L. Smith is a very different kind of coach. image He has been putting on an "ah shucks, I'm just a downhome cowboy" kind of act since he came to MSU, hitting himself in mock anger is just part of his game. His "schtick" has been wearing thin on fans as the loses have piled up.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    They asked him about the other team planting the flag. He says it was ok and then plays off what appeared to be a RIOT at midfield between the teams as some pushing and shoving.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a die hard Illinois fan and this was a huge win and a big boost to their program... even when such an upset transpires... planting the school flag at mid field is wrong and creates feelings that will not be forgotten for awhile... that was a big mistake... especially for a homecoming game for the home team. Sportsmanship seems to be a lost cause these days

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    As a 2-time graduate of Michigan State and one of their biggest fans, I wish I could give you an intelligent response regarding our coach's behavior or the program in general, for that matter. Unfortunately, I don't know what to say. I've got nothing. As embarassing as the loss to Notre Dame was, the loss to Illinios is beyond embarassing (no offense coinkat).

There will be no bowl (again) for this year's team. Expect them to beat either Michigan or Ohio State, or at least play those teams like they belong on the same field with them, which they don't. Then expect a win against Indiana perhaps, and that will be it for the year.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    except creating situations that could have been easily avoided...

I completely agree...

Detroitfan2:

No offense taken because I am as shocked as you areimage

In all seriesness... the Illinois-MSU Game meant something once upon a time. The 1963 game in which Illinois won 16-0 decided the Big Ten championship. The date was moved and was played on a Saturday. The assassination of President Kennedy was an event that stopped College Football for one Saurday and this match, up among others, was postponed. Illinois went on to win the Rosebowl against Washington. Anyone who knows anything about football knows at least one player from that Illinois team.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.