Home Sports Talk
Options

Clemens implicated in banned drug case

Link

Ooh La La....Spankee/Astro buddies too as well as some birds....

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm loathe to accept the say-so of a dirtbag like Grimsley, but I've always had some doubt about Roger and the fountain of youth. Let's see how it plays out, if it does.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thats why Clemens served that super secret 50 game suspension at the beginning of the season...
  • Options
    ^^
    lol. Super "secret" suspension eh? So secret us card collectors were discussing it before he threw a pitch in the majors in 06 eh? Well, I know that Brian Roberts, Miguel Tejada, and Jay Gibbons were "implicated" by this guy. I'm a fan of all three, unless this is true. I know that Gibbons/Roberts have been in basically the same shape since they came up into the bigs; but all that could mean is that they were using beforehand.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it is just COINCIDENCE that this comes out right after Clemens pitched what may be his last game.

Wow, we could have Clemens, Bonds, and Rose out of the HOF!! Incredible!!
  • Options
    lol. I'd trust this Grimsley punk as far as I could throw him, I've watched Andy Pettitte for his whole career, if that's what HGH does to your body then order me some anabolics!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I think I'd take this with a grain of salt. From the same article.....

<< <i>Grimsley was not arrested and has not been charged. Since June, he has complained to friends that federal agents attributed statements and disclosures to him that he didn't make.

"Jason is loyal to the death, a hardheaded guy who would not give up his friends," one of Grimsley's friends said Saturday. "The only names he discussed with those investigators were names … [the investigators] suggested to him." >>

Looking at it from the other side, it sounds to me a like you may also have a situation where a few hotshot attorneys trying to make a name for themselves.
  • Options
    I do find it a bit funny (or odd) that his defense is almost word for word what Barry Bonds says in his defense. Roger said "Come on, I have been tested lots of times and I have never failed a test." which is exactly what Bonds said, so either they are both telling the truth, and have the clean tests to show for it. OR they are both lying sacks of shlt that both deserve to burn in the eternal flames of hell with Rose.

you choose.
  • Options

<< <i>Roger said "Come on, I have been tested lots of times and I have never failed a test." which is exactly what Bonds said about accusations toward him. >>

Roger's quote comes from this article. I forgot to include it before.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061001/sp_nm/doping_clemens_dc_2