Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
They suck.

GOODNIGHT image
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    Yeppers
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    -Yet in their first four years, and with no expansion draft, they had a superior record to the woeful texans.
    -in their fifth year, they were in the playoffs (something the texans are likely never to sniff)
    -they've won a superbowl

Any other question, texans lover?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think an 0 - 3 team deserves their own thread.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Clayton EVER catch a TD pass???

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Look at Tinkerbell attempt to derail another thread.

Bucs suck image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    The bye week should help,...

Get a new QB somewhat familar and ready, rethink the game plans, and hope the Saints are playing over their heads.

Will probably be a very long season for the Bucs.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    Buks suck
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucs get the dweeb of the week nod in the NY Daily News this week.

Dweebs of the Week

Tampa Bay Bucs

For initially stonewalling last Sunday evening when Internet reports circulated saying Chris Simms, who took a beating against Carolina that afternoon, was in critical condition in a hospital with his family gathered at his bedside. NFL teams are known for treating injury information like state secrets, but this one happened after the game. And those first Internet reports were dire. Fortunately, NBC's Peter King reached Simms' mother, Diana, who told him her son had his spleen removed and was out of the woods. The Bucs could have released the same info King had reported, but chose to let erroneous reports go unchecked for a couple of hours. This was stupid. And totally callous.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    If Axtell is a Tampa Bay fan why does he have a Dallas Cowboy icon as his avatar?
  • Options
    softy-

perhaps the bucs were more interested in the well-being of one of their players than caring what the press was reporting. Unlike in ny, life doesn't revolve around placating the media everywhere else.

Hey stownie-

will the texans beat ANYONE this year, douche? Or are they trying to go 0-16 on purpose?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

perhaps the bucs were more interested in the well-being of one of their players than caring what the press was reporting. Unlike in ny, life doesn't revolve around placating the media everywhere else.

>>

riiiiiiight .... so Simms own mother was was able to be reached. Where were the powers that be for the Bucs? Sitting outside the hospital holding a candle light vigil? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    will the texans beat ANYONE this year, douche? Or are they trying to go 0-16 on purpose?

They now have one more victory than the Bucs! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>will the texans beat ANYONE this year, douche? Or are they trying to go 0-16 on purpose?

They now have one more victory than the Bucs! image >>

Bucs go into next week with rookie QB Gradkowski, sight unspleen...errr unseen.

• Options

<< <i>Hey stownie-

will the texans beat ANYONE this year, douche? Or are they trying to go 0-16 on purpose? >>

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know, for a fact, my team won't go 0-16 this year but "yours" very well could image
  • Options
    Buks Suck
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Sitting at 0-3 and averaging a whopping 9 points a game.

No wonder Tinkerbell talks trash about other teams, she has nothing to cheer for.

• Options
    The bucs had a better record in their first four seasons than the pitiful texans do.

Pathetic.

Get a clue stownieboy.
  • Options
    Sitting at 0-3 and averaging a whopping 9 points a game.

No wonder Tinkerbell talks trash about other teams, she has nothing to cheer for.

• Options
    The texans have a whopping .281 franchise 'winning' percentage, no wonder numbskull is so worked up over a win.
  • Options
    The texans have a whopping .281 franchise 'winning' percentage, no wonder numbskull is so worked up over a win.

Spin it any way you want, loser: Bucs SUCK!

• Options

<< <i>
    Spin it any way you want, loser: Bucs SUCK! >>

Can you please explain to me how stating FACTS is 'spinning'?
  • Options
    This year, 2006, Bucs are 0-3; Houston 1-3. So you're only a half game out. There's still time.

• Options

<< <i>This year, 2006, Bucs are 0-3; Houston 1-3. So you're only a half game out. There's still time. >>

I was speaking to the facts of comparing the bucs and texans first four years in the league.

Perhaps you'll understand now? I doubt it.
  • Options
    I was speaking to the facts of comparing the bucs and texans first four years in the league.

Perhaps you'll understand now? I doubt it.

I understand that you are a moron who has very little knowledge about football or baseball, that's a given.

Edit: Nice sig, by the way.

• Options
    Nice. Yankees pitching must not suck as bad as the Mariners eh?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Nice. Yankees pitching must not suck as bad as the Mariners eh? >>

.20 ERA difference, not bad considering the vast payroll differences between the two.
  • Options
    Not bad at all. Considering the difference between first and last place is only a 3 team difference, right? Like I said, I tip my cap(Giants of course) for you not welching on your bet ala skiptomylou.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Not bad at all. Considering the difference between first and last place is only a 3 team difference, right? Like I said, I tip my cap(Giants of course) for you not welching on your bet ala skiptomylou. >>

Hmm I was referring to the staff ERAs, tool.

• Options
    I know what the bet was. I also know the Mariners ended the season last in the AL West.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>I know what the bet was. I also know the Mariners ended the season last in the AL West. >>

And? The AL west was far from a cakewalk....it was a 9 game improvement over last year. I'll take that.
  • Options
    If your happy with last place, more power to you Ax. Should be the same result in the NFC South this season.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>If your happy with last place, more power to you Ax. Should be the same result in the NFC South this season. >>

Who said I was happy?

I said I'll take the improvement...the entire AL west improved, too.

Unlike the 19 wins each the yanks should have over teams like the d'rays and baltimore.
  • Options
    The Yankees competed(unhealthly at that) with a tougher division(Boston, Toronto, and Baltimore would all get "close" in the AL West) and eventually won the division. The Mariners didn't even end at .500. The Buks have a worse record than the Texans. Like I said, the Buks will end up in last place in the division and very well be in the draft for a QB(Hey, I hope Chris Simms the best; and I was hoping the Giants had drafted him) BUT, with possibly Troy Smith or Brady Quinn I think that offense could do some real damage. Ya'll need another wideout as well.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is Kevin? I figured he would blow this thread up by now. Although he has no legs to stand on I quess, I meen they do stink bad huh........
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where is Kevin? I figured he would blow this thread up by now. Although he has no legs to stand on I quess, I meen they do stink bad huh........ >>

Kevin has been spending all his time sending e-mails and writing letters trying to get his membership in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan Club cancelled.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This year, 2006, Bucs are 0-3; Houston 1-3. So you're only a half game out. There's still time. >>

Perhaps you'll understand now? I doubt it. >>

Do you really want to do that? The Bucs were 0-14 their first year and 2-12 the second (their last 2 game in the second year). Of course the Texans were nearly as bad.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Do you really want to do that? The Bucs were 0-14 their first year and 2-12 the second (their last 2 game in the second year). Of course the Texans were nearly as bad. >>

In their first four years in the league, the bucs posted a .371 winning percentage. The texans, an absymal .281.

Even in spite of not having a salary cap, and no expansion draft, the bucs made it to the playoffs in 5 years - something the texans will likely never sniff.

• Options
    Buks went 0-14 and 2-12 their first 2 seasons. Much worse than the Texans. Currently, the Buks are 0-3 and have a worse record than the Texans.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    And with the first pick of the 2007 NFL Draft, the winless Bucs select....

Brady Quinn

Bucs suck image
  • Options

<< <i>Buks went 0-14 and 2-12 their first 2 seasons. Much worse than the Texans. Currently, the Buks are 0-3 and have a worse record than the Texans. >>

And if you look at where both teams are in their histories, you'll see the PATHETIC texans have a worse winning percentage over their first four years than the Bucs did: .281 for the texans and .371 for the Bucs.

In addition, the Bucs were in the playoffs in their fourth year, the texans are still a decade away from being competitive (if ever): they have the worst front office in all of football - even worse than Detroit's!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Buks went 0-14 and 2-12 their first 2 seasons. Much worse than the Texans. Currently, the Buks are 0-3 and have a worse record than the Texans. >>

And if you look at where both teams are in their histories, you'll see the PATHETIC texans have a worse winning percentage over their first four years than the Bucs did: .281 for the texans and .371 for the Bucs.

In addition, the Bucs were in the playoffs in their fourth year, the texans are still a decade away from being competitive (if ever): they have the worst front office in all of football - even worse than Detroit's! >>

Stop being a hypocrite, Tinkerbell. You tell Yankee fans to stop living in the past but when it comes to "your" Bucs, it's okay.

Back on topic...

The Bucs, in week 5, still have a big fat ZERO in the win column image
  • Options
    And the texans still have a big fat ZERO in the hope department!

texans are TERRIBLE, they look worse and worse EVERY WEEK in not picking Bush (hey dipchit, you see the punt return for a TD?), and the Bucs actually have good players. The texans are so pathetic they had to bring in RON DAYNE (?!?!?!)

PATHETIC!
  • Options
    Still no wins for the Buks, and still talking about that 1 championship. So what, they didn't pick Reggie Bush? We all we're questioning it when it happened; but what makes you think that the Texans won't be competitive soon? Who is the top rated passer in the NFL? David Carr. So, the Bucs have good players. Those good players haven't even won a game this year.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>Still no wins for the Buks, and still talking about that 1 championship. So what, they didn't pick Reggie Bush? We all we're questioning it when it happened; but what makes you think that the Texans won't be competitive soon? Who is the top rated passer in the NFL? David Carr. So, the Bucs have good players. Those good players haven't even won a game this year. >>

Carr's the top rated passer because the texans HAVE to pass all game because they're behind so much.

The texans chances to be competitive is epitomized by one thing: them passing on Bush to take williams.

• Options
    Why do you keep derailing this thread, Tinkerbell?

Bucs suck image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Still no wins for the Buks, and still talking about that 1 championship. So what, they didn't pick Reggie Bush? We all we're questioning it when it happened; but what makes you think that the Texans won't be competitive soon? Who is the top rated passer in the NFL? David Carr. So, the Bucs have good players. Those good players haven't even won a game this year. >>

Carr's the top rated passer because the texans HAVE to pass all game because they're behind so much.

The texans chances to be competitive is epitomized by one thing: them passing on Bush to take williams. >>

A$$mell - glad to see you're in your element. You have found your calling.

You're an expert at debating the merits of bottom feeding cellar dwelling teams.

Keep up the good work.

No offense to stown, a true fan.
  • Options

<< <i>
    No offense to stown, a true fan. >>

A 'true' fan who started an official thread about another team? Yeah, he's as real a fan as these bandwagon riding yankee/mets 'fans'.

The texans are terrible with no prospects of EVER getting better.

The eagles have NEVER won a super bowl ring, despite having 4 consecutive years of being one game away. CHOKERS!

Bucs super bowl wins? One more than the texans and eagles combined.
  • Options

<< <i>

The texans chances to be competitive is epitomized by one thing: them passing on Bush to take williams. >>

So because he HAS to pass so much, how does that corelate with being the top rated passer? This is how the NFL QB rating is formulated:
    Completion %, Yards/Att., TD%, INT%=QB rating. It has nothing to do with the fact that he throws so much, if he wasn't a solid QB he wouldn't have to the top rating in the league at this point.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Are you going to sit there and tell me you think Carr's a better passer than Palmer? Or Peyton?

Get lost, troll.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    No offense to stown, a true fan. >>

A 'true' fan who started an official thread about another team? Yeah, he's as real a fan as these bandwagon riding yankee/mets 'fans'.

The texans are terrible with no prospects of EVER getting better.

The eagles have NEVER won a super bowl ring, despite having 4 consecutive years of being one game away. CHOKERS!

Bucs super bowl wins? One more than the texans and eagles combined. >>

So what? The Giants have more Super Bowl wins than the Bucs, what does that prove? You've started countless moronic threads, quit derailing the fact that the Buks are a HORRIBLE team this season. A big O-fer in the old win column, you have no room to talk about bad teams.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils