Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just picked these up for my collection on Ebay..............

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet card metal - congratulations!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Great card, thanks for the pic image
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Still looking for 73,74,75 Munson PSA 9 also.

Dave D.
  • Options
    Nice older flip! I'm surprised that one hasn't been cracked and resubmitted yet!!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>Nice older flip! I'm surprised that one hasn't been cracked and resubmitted yet!! >>

My thought also. Seen many 9 with worse centering.

Crack that puppy!
  • Options
    I will be resubmitting at some point. The eye appeal on the Aaron is awesome. I'm considering crossing it to SGC for a 7.5. What would you guys do?

The Munson I'll leave as is until I see it in person when it arrives.
  • Options

Wow--didn't even notice the Aaron.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I didn't need the Aaron but it has such a nice eye appeal for an O/C that I had to buy it. The white borders blend in well. And what the heck !!!!! I guess I'll start collecting some more cards of the real home run king.

Dave D.
  • Options
    I agree, great looking Aaron. Not sure about resubmitting since centering is (should be) an objective metric. I don't think crossing to an SGC 7.5 is going to make the card intrinsically more valuable. It looks great as is, and if you're not going to flip it, I would keep it.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    I just don't like the O/C qualifier on the flip. Just my opinion. I'm going to cross it to just get rid of the qualifier. I wouldn't mind it coming back an 84 from SGC just for my personal preference but I think a 7.5 is very possible. The value is not a concern for me. I paid a fair price imo for the year and the condition so a lesser grade slabbed doesn't bother me. I don't want to lose what I paid and I think that shouldn't be a problem with a crossover.

Dave D.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    7's usually go for around $350. with what you paid if you get a 7 you did very well.
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly. thanks for the input.

Dave D.