Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I had a dream....

actually, many recurring dreams since I was a child, that I find a treasure trove of old US Coins.
In the dreams, I am hoping that I can take the coins with me when I wake up, but it never happened image

Who else has these sort of dreams? What coin dreams have you had that you can actually remember? Just curious, if
I am the only one on these boards who needs therapy image
In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"

Comments

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    You are weird, buddy. We all have normal dreams. (LOL)
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Dear me, you seem to be very far gone. image

Congratulations! You are a Numismatist. image

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not completely alone - I metal detect quite a lot too, and most of my dreams involve digging up treasure troves.

A few months back someone posted a slot machine or jukebox or some old coin-operated thing from the 40's/50's that had some silver quarters in it. The night I read that, I had a rather strange dream about emptying out parking meters in town and finding them stuffed with bust coinage. image
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a dream that when I opened up my safe deposit box that TDN's seated dollar set was in there.image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Strikeoutxxx, very funny.....I actually remember that post...That was pretty cool
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

• Options
    Yeah, um.....sure....that's completely normal. Nothing at all to worry about.

*waves in the orderlies with the "special" jacket*

Currently looking for space-themed coins as well as these wantlists:
    Buffalo Nickel Wantlist
    Circulated TypeSet Wantlist
  • Options
    Last night I dreamt that I was watching Full House and Danny left the girls home alone. The littlest one went into his room and took some seated dimes out of his coin collection and used them to play the skill crane that was situated in their living room. She was very bad at playing the skill crane and ineffectively kept dropping the grabber almost as soon as the credits were registered by the machine.

I turned to my wife on the dream couch and she agreed that this was the most cliched sitcom plot she had ever seen. When I changed the channel to Saved by the Bell, Screech was dumping seated dimes into the skill crane at Bayside High.

(My first coin dream since Cherrypickers' Guide arrived in my mialbox.)

• Options
    wow, thanks guys....I feel a whole lot better now that there are people more disturbed than myself image

• Options
    It happened again last night, except this time Susan B Anthony was involved....She was sitting at a bar that I havent been to in 10 years.
    But here's the kicker, she had a moustache and was knitting an American Flag....In my dream, I was like "Hmmm. I thought that was Betsy Ross"

I really have to start drinking Decaf and not eating Mexican before going to bed at night image

• Options

<< <i>It happened again last night, except this time Susan B Anthony was involved....She was sitting at a bar that I havent been to in 10 years.
    But here's the kicker, she had a moustache and was knitting an American Flag....In my dream, I was like "Hmmm. I thought that was Betsy Ross"

I really have to start drinking Decaf and not eating Mexican before going to bed at night image >>

lol, I don't think I'd admit to dreaming about SBA, she was not an attractive woman!

I have had coin related dreams though.
    "From Time to Time the Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed with the Blood of Patriots and of Tyrants"

--Thomas Jefferson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file