Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1965-Date Roosies seeing alot of red as of late.

I've added one dime this week, but L.S. Brown is making it look easy. He picked up a 1966 & 1967 MS67FB, both up-grades, plus one of those pesky 1970-D MS66FB's.

Now where do you suppose Dr. Brown got a hold of these beauties? image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been a lot of green in the price guide recently.

They've certainly been getting a surprising amount of attention that's is well deserved and been a long time coming. I'm a little jealous really. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I don't think many non-dime collectors know how hard it is to get a high grade on these little boys.
    But being so small, dimes under 5X mag., seem to be harder to clear the 66 mark than say a Kennedy Half or other larger coins are. I mean when you view the thing, it's all right in there in your face. No need to move the eye piece arround this small coin. Even the smallest tick is always there, jumping out at you as you look the coin over. I know the Kennedys I've made in MS66 and MS67, would never, and I mean NEVER have made that grade if they were dimes. Dimes are not very forgiving, then add the poor quality of mint set coins from 1965 through the early eighties, its a wonder that the pops exist as they do now.
    Dan
  • Options
    nice to see Larry making a little headway to the top,
    he may be the only person that can come close to JHF
    for the top spot, unless we see some new lowpop top
    clad dimes made, which I don't see in the future
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    I'll be posting my set this week for sure...
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have you aboard LR. Can't wait to see your set.. imageimageimageimage
    Dan
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Guys, just posted on the BST a whole new list of clad Registry coins for sale. Here's the link:

Clad Registry coins
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colorfulcoins,

Did you recently make those, or have you had them for a while?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Paul, both. Some are relatively new, some are years old. Time to clean out the safe....
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options

<< <i>Glad to have you aboard LR. Can't wait to see your set.. imageimageimageimage >>

That is exactly what I was thinking.