Home Metal Detecting

Dug my 500th penny of the month and full cup...

Went out today for the last time this month, only needed 3 pennies to get to 500 dug in September, got it shortly after arriving (the first two were Zincolns)- the third and 500th not a wheatie but a 1959 at least. Rounded off the month with a couple dollars in change, nothing exciting, but my cup now runneth over...

I started the year with just a small cup from all my previous years of detecting- it probably only filled about a 1/4 th of this thing, I had alot of time the last couple of months and the weather was pretty good and I was amazed that I filled this thing (after dumping all the zip lock baggies of coins I found this month into it). The weather is starting to turn up here now and October will be a busy a month, probably not much time to detect the rest of this year image , have the feeling I will be pulling my batteries shortly. Good luck to everyone else next month image I'll have to find a bigger cup for next year image

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a lotta Lincolns.

No Wheaties out of 500+ dug? That's unusual.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was detecting at a Highway Rest Stop and found an area behind some newspaper machines that set along the sidewalk where people must throw their pennies when they buy their paper. I had dug over a hundred and decided to move on with the limited time that I had. I ended up with over $10 in clad at the Stop and of that 165 were pennies. 2 were wheats. If I would have had the time I probably would have dug as many as I could find. Maybe it get them on another day.
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Oh there were wheat cents, several in the teens and twenty's, two 1914's and one Indian head, just none in great shape.
  • oh my aching back!....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    the knees too...