Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2005 mint sets?

With all the errors in this set, Plus the first year of the new finish, Do you not think one should be hoarding this set ? (22 pc set) image
TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea. Mint has only the silver proof set available for 2005. I think you just drove up the price on Ebay!

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Not a bad idea. Mint has only the silver proof set available for 2005. I think you just drove up the price on Ebay! >>

image timing is everything my friend.
  • Options
    What errors sorry for the ignorance?
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>What errors sorry for the ignorance? >>

Oregon DDR Minnesota DDR
  • Options

There are a ton of different errors for the minnesota quarters. Looks like around 39 ddr's for the P and 3 ddr's for the d and erhaps one for the S too. Here is a link to look at them!

• Options

<< <i>

There are a ton of different errors for the minnesota quarters. Looks like around 39 ddr's for the P and 3 ddr's for the d and erhaps one for the S too. Here is a link to look at them! >>

Are they on the mint set or proof set or both?
  • Options

<< <i>

Are they on the mint set or proof set or both? >>

My understanding is they are mainly on the mint sets and the business strikes. I haven't actually seen any on the proofs yet, but have seen some claims that the lincoln may be a ddr.

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I had no idea there wer so many varieties! I am not sure I could look hard enough to spot all those.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options

<< <i>I had no idea there wer so many varieties! I am not sure I could look hard enough to spot all those. >>

itsnotjustme

Are your 1967 SMS picked thru?
    I was trying to put together an awsesome Family tree which includes that year.
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine who doesn't have internet access just asked me yesterday to buy some for him on eBay.
    So I bought a lot of 10 earlier today. Final cost including insured shipping and everything was about $19 a set.
    They are supposed to be in sealed mint boxes. We'll see.

• Options

<< <i>A friend of mine who doesn't have internet access just asked me yesterday to buy some for him on eBay.
    So I bought a lot of 10 earlier today. Final cost including insured shipping and everything was about $19 a set.
    They are supposed to be in sealed mint boxes. We'll see. >>

The 2005 mint sets are still really cheap IMO. I can pick up 25 piece sealed lots at nearly cost. The problem for me is that I haven't found any as of yet. Still looking. It seems however that when you find one, they are together in bunches. I did find some nice 05 SF coins in those sets though and will probably send some in soon to get graded.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file