Home Metal Detecting
Options

General questions for everyone...

I live in Colorado and have alot a awesome places to be detected. First off i have no detector and second no clue on how to start off. I really cant spend alot of money right now but want to get into it. Can anyone give me pointers and also equipment info on stuff that cheap but works. Any and al info is great.

Thanks,
James

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Comments

• Options
    Take some time and go back and read some posts on this.

Try this: http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=540254

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    From what I have read and have a friend that owns one- the Garrett Ace 250 is a great deal. They are also a great company to deal with in my book- my detector (an older model GTAX-1000- which I paid over $500 new for then) is 10 years old, broke a handle grip this year (my fault had it standing up-dumb)- they sent me a replacement- without even paying in advance- said send a check when you get a chance A+ customer service in my book- did it all via email as well.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    bigtime, you may want to check out a local rental store , one that rents tools and such to see if they have a metal detector to try out without making a purchase. Then if you like it , take the leap.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    i'm a fan of the garrett ace 250....good unit, many nice features, great price....good luck
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    what does the Garret 250 start at price wise?

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what does the Garret 250 start at price wise? >>

Less than $225, delivered, from Kellyco.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.