Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

$200 for a 1999 Coincraft?

I was just looking on Amazon to update my Coincraft and found people asking $200-$350 for the 1999. They don't
really sell for this much, do they? Amazon

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'mmmmmm

rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Not bloodly likely... but what do I know?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably could get one from the Brits for about 40 USD plus shipping for a nice copy. Run from the big prices. The paperstock is high sulfur and tends to brown quite a bit. This is a valuable tome in that the relative information is good even if the prices are quite outdated.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Dunno whats going with the 1999 Edition, seems it is not cheap.

http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/RefineRare.fcgi?id=060930175908254557
  • Options
    On a serious note... I find it hard to believe these are selling at the listed prices

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Color me stupid, but what's so special about this particular catalog? I have an old 1995 Coincraft that I thought was a decent reference, but has been superceded is most cases by Spink.

???
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    I've got that book too - picked up a copy at a discount book seller for next to nothing. I have a hard time believing the price.

As a reference, it has its strengths. It's too bad they won't be updating it anymore.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    I just what I don't understand is that the 2000 edition I believe is the last Coincraft edition. It has a blue cover... why wouldn't that one be the most desirable? I dunno...

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I shouldn't have checkmarked in mine? Well the corners in the binding do tend to crack & rip a little so maybe these prices are for MS 70 versions?

Oh yeah, like I said the paper stock is high sulfur and so goes a bit yellow brown...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    I have the 1999 Coincraft I bought a few years ago in the neighboorhood of $20.00 or so...
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Interesting book store
  • Options
    BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have the 1999 Coincraft I bought a few years ago in the neighboorhood of $20.00 or so... >>

rhound, I bought one a few years ago as well think mine was like $30. I don't understand the high asking prices now.image