Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Is this the only place to post giveaways and contests now?

I'm just wondering because it seems like all the giveaway and contest threads get moved over here any way. So does anybody know if this is the only place you can post them now?image

Thanks. image
What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns

Comments

• << <i>Is this the only place to post giveaways and contests now? >>

One would hope.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • though you probably could post one on the TESTING FORUM. First 3 replys are in!image
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    the only time I miss the open forum is as a dumping ground for responses like those. image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"

• << <i>the only time I miss the open forum is as a dumping ground for responses like those. image >>

• CoinHusker - please excuse my rude PM. I should have prefaced my request for your firey demise with a "Please".
  • CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>CoinHusker - please excuse my rude PM. I should have prefaced my request for your firey demise with a "Please". >>

are you referring to the "Die in Fire!" comment you PM'd me?

As I said before,

<< <i>the only time I miss the open forum is as a dumping ground for responses like those. image >>

Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • If any body has a real answer I would really appreciate it. image

"Live long and prosper"

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the answer is YES. It is where they should have allways been.

Typo edit.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the place they should be.
    What has happened is that the OF got nuked due to people not acting mature, even when warned repeatedly. As happens in real life, a few people caused great loss to many people. They like to blame others though.

So, a few of those same people, and others, did their best to throw trash around in the US Coin Forum. That resulted in a strict hand being used from the powers above. The next tactic was to use "giveaways" as a way to make comments about the OF demise and some people.

So, once again, the strict hands came down and a few people have ruined it (at least for awhile) for many.

I doubt this is 100% and such but it is just as likely for a giveaway to be moved from another forum to here as it is for them to stay where they originate (used to be, 99+% would stay where they originated).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Thank you! image

"Live long and prosper"

• From the CU Message Boards home page:

Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
    For member supported coin swaps, tags and giveaways.

Any more questions?

• << <i>Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways >>

this would be a hintimage

but they do post them on other boards then................they end up hereimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the place they should be.
    What has happened is that the OF got nuked due to people not acting mature, even when warned repeatedly. As happens in real life, a few people caused great loss to many people. They like to blame others though.

So, a few of those same people, and others, did their best to throw trash around in the US Coin Forum. That resulted in a strict hand being used from the powers above. The next tactic was to use "giveaways" as a way to make comments about the OF demise and some people.

So, once again, the strict hands came down and a few people have ruined it (at least for awhile) for many.

I doubt this is 100% and such but it is just as likely for a giveaway to be moved from another forum to here as it is for them to stay where they originate (used to be, 99+% would stay where they originated). >>

image...It seems a few come from this thread...Smart a$$ remarks.

Al
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    You guys remember this POLL?