Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting Read: TOPPS INSERT, TEST AND SUPPLEMENTAL BASEBALL ISSUES 1949-1980

Comments

• Options
    Fascinating read. Thanks
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    This really is a great page, and I always enjoy stumbling across it. I just can't believe there are NO scans of any of the sets. I mean...c'mon?!?

The short write-ups of each set really leave me wanting more. I'd love to see a full page description of each set, complete with LOTS of scans.

Still, a very nice resource and a lot of work, I'm sure.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if some of you realise this but if you click on the link for each set a checklist will appear.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>This really is a great page, and I always enjoy stumbling across it. I just can't believe there are NO scans of any of the sets. I mean...c'mon?!?

The short write-ups of each set really leave me wanting more. I'd love to see a full page description of each set, complete with LOTS of scans.

Still, a very nice resource and a lot of work, I'm sure. >>

I would think the only place to get scans of these complete sets (circa: '49-'80), would be from Topps. Speaking of Topps, you would think they would have all this on their own website,

but they don't!

This collector/writer, David Hornish, who spent all the time to compose the bios on all these Topps sub sets, etc., and complete (as Steve noted) check lists on all cards in each set, has my sincere thanks!

What a guy! image

rd

• Options

<< <i>Not sure if some of you realise this but if you click on the link for each set a checklist will appear.

steve >>

Its funny Steve, earlier today, I needed the check list for the sub set 1980 Topps Superstars Photo Cards, and sure enough, I found this guys' webste, and presto: there was the checklist I was looking for!

rd
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    GREAT STUFF.I am printing this article,GREAT REFERENCE.Thanks for sharing.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    You can add Don Mossi to the list of 55 Stamps. Unfortunately it is the only one I have. I have seen a scan of an Aaron
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    FYI, here is a scan of one of the 1964 Topps Push-Pull cards:

imageimage

I was given this by a neighbor when they had to move back in the late '60s...
  • Options

<< <i>FYI, here is a scan of one of the 1964 Topps Push-Pull cards:

imageimage

I was given this by a neighbor when they had to move back in the late '60s... >>

so image

rd

edit: Must be worth some bucks?