Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wax Packs...(This was my very first post. It comes back around.)

Hello all! I'm new here and I didn't know if anyone could point me in the direction to find pricing on unopened wax packs? I have a ton of these and wanted to know where to find the prices if there was a guide for those. All of them are baseball. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What years do you collect? Vintage or modern?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Pretty much anything from 1970-2006.
  • Options
    Guru,

Welcome. I'm sure there is a price guide but to be honest I don't know where to find it or what it would be called. Your best bets for immediate info will probably be a completed auction search on eBay and maybe try BBCE (www.bbcexchange.com). Steve Hart is the best place to buy unopened and his prices are always the lowest so that should help you with the older stuff.

Good luck.

Arthur
  • Options
    bbckid Mark Murphy has a unopened guide, 2 I think. It is around $4 and printed a while back so its not current but is informative with pictures and should help you.

Link to the site
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wow! Those were two really great sites! Thanks you all for the help. It's nice to find others who enjoy the same hobby. I'm in the process of going through my collection right now for a big sale that I'm doing this spring in a small town nearby. Most of the kids in the small town don't have access to sports cards or stores that carry them, so I try to have something every spring for them. Last year I was able to sell most of my common's and unopened packs, but at the time I didn't really know too much about the packs. I'm just wanting younger kids to get interested in the hobby. Sometimes I think the prices that some stores charge on cards drives the kids away. It's really become a hobby for elite and I wish it would go back to the way it was when I was growing up.
    Thanks again for the help everyone!
  • Options
    GuruGuru Posts: 3,127
    *bump

This was my first post. I had no idea. Funny, 3000 posts later I'm still asking the same question. Ha!
  • Options

<< <i>*bump

This was my first post. I had no idea. Funny, 3000 posts later I'm still asking the same question. Ha! >>

I was the first person who responded to your thread back then, too, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa. Blast from the past.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>*bump

This was my first post. I had no idea. Funny, 3000 posts later I'm still asking the same question. Ha! >>

I was the first person who responded to your thread back then, too, LOL.. >>

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.
  • Options

<< <i>Whoa. Blast from the past. >>

Recognize anyone? image

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Whoa. Blast from the past. >>

Recognize anyone? image >>

That guy was found to be unacceptable. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Mike for the win.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Yeah, that pretty good Mike. You win the internet for today. image
  • Options
    So Guru, how did you do on the pack hunt?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Xanadu was half the man Reggie Cleveland is, but with twice the liver.

• Options
    Sorry for derailing your thread Guru. Just funny to see a post from a member no longer here.

Guru, I think your best bet is to educate yourself as best you can. Pick up a copy of Mark Murphy's book and buy a box of 88 or 89 Topsp baseball (seriously doubt those have been resealed). Spend some time with the packs, seeing the corner folds and the roller marks.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry for derailing your thread Guru. Just funny to see a post from a member no longer here.

Guru, I think your best bet is to educate yourself as best you can. Pick up a copy of Mark Murphy's book and buy a box of 88 or 89 Topsp baseball (seriously doubt those have been resealed). Spend some time with the packs, seeing the corner folds and the roller marks. >>

I find this advice to be acceptable. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Great, now I'll be singing "Xanadu" all day
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    lol ..bald bull

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    CSCCSC Posts: 100

<< <i>bbckid Mark Murphy has a unopened guide, 2 I think. It is around $4 and printed a while back so its not current but is informative with pictures and should help you.

Link to the site >>

When is third revision planned for release?
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>bbckid Mark Murphy has a unopened guide, 2 I think. It is around $4 and printed a while back so its not current but is informative with pictures and should help you.

Link to the site >>

When is third revision planned for release? >>

They are being given away at the re-release of that Cheech and Chong movie.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link to the site >>

They are being given away at the re-release of that Cheech and Chong movie. >>

A California thing?

• Options
    Can't remember which version I have but I got mine pretty recently, maybe in the past year to year-and-a-half I think. He was pretty nice. I snail mailed a check to him and he mailed the book right away and I don't think he ever even cashed the check.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    You apparently did better than I did with him Arthur
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Link to the site >>

They are being given away at the re-release of that Cheech and Chong movie. >>

A California thing? >>

My mistake. I just checked. I thought they were re'releasing up in smoke, but they're not.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    I see what you did there.

• Options
    Cold blooded.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry for derailing your thread Guru. Just funny to see a post from a member no longer here.

Guru, I think your best bet is to educate yourself as best you can. Pick up a copy of Mark Murphy's book and buy a box of 88 or 89 Topsp baseball (seriously doubt those have been resealed). Spend some time with the packs, seeing the corner folds and the roller marks. >>

No problem. I'll get ahold of Mark Murphy and see if he has some copies.

Regarding Xandu...can anyone fill me in? I mean, it is my post so I feel at the very least I should know what you all are talking about.