Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

500th post giveaway! YN's ONLY! (Under 18!)

Well, I messed up and did not make a timely giveaway for my 500th post.

So, here goes. There has been some speculation as to what the PCGS free grading quarterly special will be for the October-December quarter. Here's your challenge:

Be the closest guesser as to what the free coin to be graded is. In the case of a tie, first guess wins.
NO edited posts.
One guess per YN.
Parents: it is ok to enter for your YN's, ok for multiple YN's per parent.

Contest is open until the special is announced - I'm guessing on Monday. If no one gets it right, I will pick the winner based on my judgement as to who is closest. I remain final judge on the winner.

The prize: Will be a surprise coin that may be similar to the "special". Or, another mint state 1958-D Franklin Half.

Good luck!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

For my brother, still a YN-he guesses:

Roosevelt Dimes

Thanks for another giveaway Claychaser image
  • Options
    I'll guess Saint Gaudens design and Walking Liberty design coins and bullion in honor of the 20th Anniversary GAE's and SAE's.

Thanks for the chance image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Good responses so far!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Please enter my Grandson Tyler ,I would guess it is the 20th anniversary ASE alsoimage
    Thanks ,for the Chance.MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I will guess and say a San Francisco Morgan dollar.

Reason; the mint just issued the San Francisco Commerative and the reverse is the old Morgan dollar reverse. It makes sense but I doubt PCGS will grade such a cash cow for free. Maybe? Anyway, thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    Well, Since I love Liberty I'd say a Standing liberty.

Thanks for the chance!

TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    I'm guessing washington quarters, just because. Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll make it coins with a "W" mintmark...causing more of the sets to be opened image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Is Bochiman entering for a YN? Great entry post!

• Options
    Great givaway claychaser.

Ill guess the walkign liberty. Thanks
  • Options
    Entries now officially closed - will announce after pcgs posts the special.image

• Options
    OK - no one got it exactly right. I call it a 3 way tie between notlogical, mojoman and smokin joe.

Tie breaker question:

Guess the grades that I received on my last two quarterly submissions. They were 38-D Buffalo and 1881-CC dollar.

• Options
    Awsome clay. Thanks

Ill guess ms66 for the 38-d buffalo, and ms65 for the 1881-cc dollar. Thanks again.
  • Options
    TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Has PCGS disclosed the collectors club coin for the fourth quarter? I'm still seeing the third quarter buffalo.
  • Options
    I have no idea but I'll guess ms65 on the buffalo and ms64 on the Morgan dollar. image

"Live long and prosper"

• Options
    got it
    the buffalo ms63, the cc morgan au58 image

Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    OK - mojoman has made his entry - and we have a 2-way tie!

Sorry, mojoman! The Buffalo was a 66, the 81-CC was a 64. This means a tie between smokin joe and notlogical. Ok guys, here's the final tiebreaker:

Guess the date and mintmark of the best Lincoln cent I ever found in circulation as a YN! This would be between 1968 and 1975. Closest to the date wins, then go to the mintmark. Wish I still had the coin!

Good luck!

• Options
    A 1972 P double die obverse? image

"Live long and prosper"

• Options
    1970 Small Date?
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    My guess would be the 1970-S small date(high7); Thanks!!
  • Options
    We have a winner!

Smokinjoe925 is closest - but he's off by a mile! The coins was a 1911-S Lincoln cent - probably VF-F.

I may have confused both of you - I was a YN from 1968-1975, that's not the date of the coin! Sorry notlogical!

Send me your addy and I'll mail the prize.

• Options
    Awsome clay. Thanks a million.
  • Options
    Just went to the mailbox and got the coin. Looks GREAT, Thank you VERY much claychaser.