Home Sports Talk
Options

It looks like the Cardinals are going to hang on

With St. Lous winning 10-3 in the 8th inning and the Astros losing the Atros would have to win the next 2 games and hope the Cardinals lose the next 2 just to force a 1 game playoff

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With St. Lous winning 10-3 in the 8th inning and the Astros losing the Atros would have to win the next 2 games and hope the Cardinals lose the next 2 just to force a 1 game playoff

Actually, no, that isn't quite right because the Cards would have to play a make-up game vs. the Giants if the 'Stros finish one half game back after Sunday's games. So if they can win both remaining games, the Cards will have to make up that extra game even if they split their last two.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not in the bag yet, but I am breathing a little easier. Albert came through again. I think he is going to be a pretty good baseball player one day.

Shane

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What's the point, though? The Cardinals stink (other than Pujols) and will, once again, fold like a cheap suit in the first round of the playoffs. They should have stepped aside, and let Houston have at it - at least the games would be worth watching.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's the point, though? The Cardinals stink (other than Pujols) and will, once again, fold like a cheap suit in the first round of the playoffs. They should have stepped aside, and let Houston have at it - at least the games would be worth watching. >>

Your right. But, if a team gets to the playoffs and gets hot, you never know.

Shane

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    'Stros lose tonight and the Cards clinch.

Good luck Card fans and..

LET'S GO ASTROS!

LET'S GO BREWERS!

LOSE ST. LOUIE!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>What's the point, though? The Cardinals stink (other than Pujols) and will, once again, fold like a cheap suit in the first round of the playoffs. They should have stepped aside, and let Houston have at it - at least the games would be worth watching. >>

Houston is no better...and they have no compelling player like Pujols.

Clemens has been mediocre in the postseason his entire career, and the Cardinals are every bit as talented as houston, if not more so.

I am happy to see St. Louis turn it around, and more than happy to see both of last year's world series participants OUT of the playoffs this year.
  • Options

Its not over unil its over. If Houston wins tonight and tomorrow, and then St. Louis loses tomorrow the Cardinals will be forced to play against SF on Monday. If the Cards also lose that game there will be a 1 game playoff. With that said, I doubt the Cards will choke that much. image

I am happy to see St. Louis turn it around, and more than happy to see both of last year's world series participants OUT of the playoffs this year.

You no like the White Sox? So who you rooting for? I bet dollars to donuts its not the Spankees or Mets. How about SD?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astros hold on to win 5-4, still alive!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    LET'S GO ASTROS!

LET'S GO BREWERS!

If the 'Stros lose or Cards win tomorrow, I wish y'all the best of luck in the playoffs and hope you represent the Central well. While I'll be at the Texans game, the crackberry will be on auto-refesh image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts