Home Sports Talk
Options

Take a listen to this - get inside the heart of a Michigan State fan

detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
The following is a "rant" from a local sports radio host who happens to be a passionate Michigan State fan on the Monday following the collapse against Notre Dame.

Nothing but the truth

As an MSU graduate and long suffering fan myself, I can tell you that I agree 1000% with what he says, other than near the very end when he hints that this stuff wouldn't happen if Saban was still around, which is actually not true, as this has been going on for longer than that and in fact several worse collapses happened on Saban's watch.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Anyone who's a college football fan owes it to themselves to listen to this. It's a CLASSIC rant by one of Detroit's finest radio personalities. CLICK ON DFAN'S LINK!!!
  • Options
    John L. Smith was on the hot seat before the season began and the seat just got hotter after the Notre Dame game.

He has to take MSU to a bowl game in order to save his job is the general feeling around Spartanland.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSU will go to a Bowl. Feel sorry for Illinois today... now there is a coach who is really on the hot seat

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    talk about a hangover, from a monster choke job last saturday to losing to one of the worst 1a teams the next saturday image
  • Options
    I am one of the biggest Illinois fans around... I had realistic expectations for today and I am stunned beyond belief. I expected MSU to win in a way that would be ugly...

• Options
    I think Illinois was a 26 point underdog today... the last time they pulled off an upset like this was probably 5-6 years ago when they came back from a 27-7 third quarter deficit to beat Michigan at Ann Arbor 35-29.

• Options
    i believe it was the biggest upset (spread-wise) in years. i recall the gators, a 25 point favorite, losing to mississippi state in 2004.... another zook related game too.
  • Options
    At Champaign, back in 1956... image Illinois upset Michigan State at a time when they (MSU) were ranked number one... Illinois has not done well against MSU at East Lansing. I think Illinois has lost the last 6-8 games in the series.

edited to add (MSU)

• Options

<< <i>talk about a hangover, from a monster choke job last saturday to losing to one of the worst 1a teams the next saturday image >>

John L. Smith was rather somber on the post game radio show. He blamed the loss on the coaches (himself included) not doing the
    job in getting the team ready for the game.

Next week the Spartans go to the Big House in Ann Arbor. The Wolverines will probably be favored by 4 touchdowns.
  • Options
    4 touchdowns is way too much for a game like that and I would be concerned... that is if I were Mr. Carr. Michigan State finds a way to win in this series when folks don't expect it. I still remember the 1969 game that MSU won. Michigan went on to beat Ohio State and played USC in the 1970 Rosebowl...

• Options

<< <i>4 touchdowns is way too much for a game like that and I would be concerned... that is if I were Mr. Carr. Michigan State finds a way to win in this series when folks don't expect it. I still remember the 1969 game that MSU won. Michigan went on to beat Ohio State and played USC in the 1970 Rosebowl... >>

Carr will be concerned with his team being overconfident. The oddsmakers will probably not really have it by 4 touchdowns, that is just
    my guess as to how lopsided it could be. OTOH it could be a lot closer and actually go the other way. Strange things can happen
    when these two teams play.