Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Supplies

Since supplies have been discussed lately I was wondering what the best sources (prices) are. When I got back into the hobby about 5 months ago I started dealing with a friend of a friend that is a dealer. Below are the prices I have been paying (prices listed include shipping costs):

penny sleeves – 3 for a penny

Card Saver I – 4 cents each

800 count storage boxes – 40 cents each

Super Vault storage boxes (holds 75-80 PSA holders) – 1.60 each

Does anyone get any better prices than these? I have checked all the major websites and they all seem to charge quite a bit more on certain items. The prices I have been paying are for bulk purchases.
Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.

Comments

• I can get a pack of 100 penny sleeves for .75 CDN
    Check out our great selection of sports memorabilia and autographs www.dssports.ca

Check out my ebay auctions!
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdssportscdaQQhtZ-1

• << <i>I can get a pack of 100 penny sleeves for .75 CDN >>

That would be much more than I pay. I am trying to see if there are better prices out there compared to what I am paying now.
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • If you don't mind buying in bulk you can get some pretty good prices on eBay. You can order a huge lot of bubble mailers for probably 25% the price you'd pay at Office Max or other supply store. I don't sell enough to justify buying a big pile of stuff at once but if I did this is where I'd look first.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt

• << <i>If you don't mind buying in bulk you can get some pretty good prices on eBay. You can order a huge lot of bubble mailers for probably 25% the price you'd pay at Office Max or other supply store. I don't sell enough to justify buying a big pile of stuff at once but if I did this is where I'd look first. >>

I think I do pretty well with shipping supplies. I pay 13 cents each for 5X9.25 self sealing bubble mailers. I also get 6 inch cube boxes for 19 cents each and 8 inch cube boxes for 24 cents each.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NY

Here are a few sources that people have been happy with over the past few years - besides searching on ebay.

Hot Flips. I have bought in the past - very fast and reputable - been around a long time.

BCW. Good company also.

The2Buds. Have never done business but others have.

Hope this helps.
    mike
    Mike
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Where do you get the vault boxes for $1.60? How many do you have to buy to get that price?
  • 100 Card Saver I's for $4 delivered to you is a STEAL. Does your friend-of-a-friend want any more business? image

Arthur
  • royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Penny sleeves for $.004 each

That is the shipped price.

The quality is better than what I expected also.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001

• << <i>100 Card Saver I's for $4 delivered to you is a STEAL. Does your friend-of-a-friend want any more business? image

Arthur >>

imageimageimage

• << <i>Where do you get the vault boxes for $1.60? How many do you have to buy to get that price? >>

I think I bought 100 of the Super Vaults. I am still unpacking my old collection. I have tons of unopened boxes and vending cases from the late 70s through mid 80s so I need tons of supplies image

• << <i>100 Card Saver I's for $4 delivered to you is a STEAL. Does your friend-of-a-friend want any more business? image

Arthur >>

It is not exactly 100 for $4 delivered. That is the price it worked out to with a case purchase. If you want a few packs I can hook you up if you want. $4 per pack plus post. If you are in the US I can probably do 3 packs shipped for about $15. If that is a good deal for you let me know image