Home Metal Detecting
Options

need ID on bust thing

i dug this last year. it has a bust of a woman or man? it is the exact same size as a bust dollar. it is concave like a button, so there is no eagle on the reverse.

Comments

• Options
    Looks like it could use an "ezest bath"... I have a small jar to give you next time we meet up. I think you're going to like that stuff and will end up buying some. (that Morgan needs to be finished!)

Hope you get an ID on this one...
  • Options
    I thought mine was tough.
  • Options
    thanx rick, i'd like to clean my other morgan as well. got a couple seated halves that are real ugly too. hopefully tomorrow will turn up some goodies.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt EZ-est will help that much.

Be careful. That looks intriguing. Were I to guess, I would say that it's a man, wearing an 18th century wig.

George Washington?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I would have guessed a button.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    well, it sure looks like an Austrian Thaler of the early 1800's made into a button perhaps a wild guess but the profile looks like a lot of Austrian Coins.
  • Options
    would a little time in a homemade electrolysis bath help that?