Home Sports Talk
Options

Jason Whitlock takes some parting shots at ESPN

Jason Whitlock who appeared on "The sports reporters" and was a fill in on "PTI" has left the network
with some observations and parting shots:

"I don't think there's any question sports fans are dissatisfied with ESPN. There's too much
buffoonery. It's gone too far with the shouting and yelling. It's not enough about sports".

On Mike Lupica: Lupica is an insecure, mean-spirited busybody. ... The Little Fella probably won't let the producer (Joe Valerio) have me back on ["The Sports Reporters"] again. That's cool. They're mostly upset that I wouldn't participate in their Barry Bonds witch hunt and help them single Bonds out as the creator of steroids. Lupica doesn't like to be disagreed with, and he's spoken so abusively to that producer for years that the producer probably doesn't realize people are allowed to disagree with Lupica. I enjoyed my time on the show. But if the price of admission is stepping to Lupica's drum, I'm more than happy to go without.

I rather like the sports talking heads on ESPN. There probably is more shouting and yelling these days however.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Jason Whitlock is an idiot.

I always hated when he'd fill in on PTI as he's just terrible..absolutely awful. I am glad he's gone.

• Options
    I met Lupica back in 1986 in the Press box at Shea during the World Series. Granted, I was a naive 12 year old at the time, but he was the most insightful, humble man I had ever met. He was willing to sit there and field questions about the history of NY baseball from a kid...Maybe his rise to semi-celebrity has changed his beliefs, but he never struck me as the type who wouldn't allow someone to disagree with him...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Jason Whitlock is an idiot.

I always hated when he'd fill in on PTI as he's just terrible..absolutely awful. I am glad he's gone. >>

Agreed. Just another dimwitted misogynist who needs to get on Mapquest and find his way to the gym. Good riddance.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I have considered Jason Whitlock to be one of the finest sports morons since he was writing with the KC Star. I honestly can't remember any of his columns that made me go "Wow. That was a really good and educated point." Everything he says/writes is stupid.
    Travis
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I have considered Jason Whitlock to be one of the finest sports morons since he was writing with the KC Star. I honestly can't remember any of his columns that made me go "Wow. That was a really good and educated point." Everything he says/writes is stupid. >>

Before that he worked for the Ann Arbor News, and thoroughly embarrassed that newspaper before moving to KC.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I really didn't like Whitlock myself, but he raises a GREAT point about the current state of ESPN. ESPN has now been relegated to guys like Stephen A. Smith and the buffoons from Around the Horn shouting about TO 24/7...(Or similar soap operas)...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Around the horn is a 30 minute show, as is Stephen A. Smith's show.

Around the horn is pretty funny to watch these sportswriters get so worked up over the stupidest of points.

Whitlock is a buffoon - plain and simple.
  • Options

<< <i>Around the horn is a 30 minute show, as is Stephen A. Smith's show.

Around the horn is pretty funny to watch these sportswriters get so worked up over the stupidest of points.

Whitlock is a buffoon - plain and simple. >>

Around the horn isn't meant to be a serious show and I find it rather entertaining. They all seem to get
    in some good points about various sports subjects but it tends toward silliness at certain times.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I actually like both Lupica and Whitlock, I wonder what that says. image