2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm in for 50's. >>

Don't even start with that, or we'll have about 200 trolls suddenly converging on the boards offering to 'take up the collection'.
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    LOL. Ok......just putting it out there. I'm sure there are people here that would be trusted with the funds and some would not (poor school teachers like me! image).

I know I would not be able to afford a 50s break...pry not even a 60s.

How bout a 90-96 break? Everyone gets a box of each for $35 total! I could afford that!
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    70S isn't even feasable trust me I priced it out when i was putting the 80's rip together and the cost per person would be crazy. Although I would be crazy enough to get inimage But I don't know if i'd rip em probably slab em
  • Options
    I think an interesting idea for December would be 31 Days of Christmas Topps... 1976-2006 Topps wax packs (including multiple series in years that had them). Start with 2006 and go back a year each day... the days after Christmas might be be the real presents image
    Kobe Who? image At least Dwyane pays proper respect to Da Big Aristotle image

Yes, I collect shiny modern crap image

All your Shaq are belong to me image
  • Options

<< <i>70S isn't even feasable trust me I priced it out when i was putting the 80's rip together and the cost per person would be crazy. Although I would be crazy enough to get inimage But I don't know if i'd rip em probably slab em >>

About how much are we talking? Just curious as I doubt I could afford it, but it's fun to think about... maybe a '75-'79 Break x2 or something?
    CARD IS TIGHT
  • Options
    I could probably a afford a 90-96 break. Let me know if you get any further on the idea.
  • Options
    How about a 70s wax break ....box by box. So, start with the '79s and get a box split up by 6 or 9 people or something. Then, go to a '78 on a later date. Maybe that would work?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    A 75-85 wax rip would be sweet!
    Always looking for interesting Don Mattingly and New York Yankees related items.
  • Options
    77-83 would be affordable and there is a good shot at some nice rookies/hof players. Count me in on something like that.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I am guessing this is a Baseball break. If it is football, count me in
  • Options
    I agree. If we're going to do a late-70s to early-80s break I would much rather do football. image

Arthur
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I think an interesting idea for December would be 31 Days of Christmas Topps... 1976-2006 Topps wax packs

Just do the 8 nights of Chanukah. Would be easier and cuts out crappy years in the 90's. Start about 1975 and go 8 years forward!

• Options
    FYI:

Football at BBCE 76,78,80,81,82,83,84,85 & 86 = $5490 by 24 = $228.75 each + shipping

Football at BBCE 72,73,74,75,76, & 78 = $11,330 by 24 = $470.08 + shipping

Football card store has rack cases of 79,80,82,83, & 85 for $8,055 + shipping
  • Options
    See now I would only be interested if it was baseball.
  • Options
    How about a 1984 donruss rip and we send in the best cards for grading? It's a kick ass set and the cards are pretty.

Jason
    Seeking 1984 Donruss PSA 10

Unopened 1975 material

UL Magic the Gathering
  • Options
    There's already a 4-way pack rip that is going to start in a day or two (check the '84 Donruss thread in a couple of days) once the other three folks receive theirs in the mail. But, if you want, we can do another one shortly after that Munchjs.

Chris, why would you divide by 24 and not 36? Were the late 70's football packs not 36 in a box?

Also, why not try something different......pick a year (any year) and do the Baseball, Football, Basketball & Hockey from that same year? Would that be something that folks would be interested in?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny - BBCE states 24 packs in there description, I never ripped anything earlier than 85 so I double checked.
  • Options
    Interesting. I never ripped any late '70s Football either.

So, we could start working our way back and start with 1979 Baseball, Football, Hockey & Basketball. Or, one box at a time for just baseball or just football?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards