Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

just signed up for PCGS

Ok, I have never submitted coins for grading before, but I had a couple I wanted to submit.

So I went through the signing up deal, and I saw that the platinum membership came with 8 free grade, excluding coins valued over 3,000 and errors.

So, I decided, shoot, that looked like the best deal, so I signed up.

Found out today that the free grades excludes world coins, too... website does not say this, but customer service does. That's really something they should outline.

Now I've got 8 free... but useless... grading vouchers coming my way. hurray for me.

Comments

• WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I would try calling PCGS back and ask to speak to a supervisor.
    This seems like something that can be straightened out.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    Did you ask them if you could cancel the Platinum and sign up for Silver instead (it's $50 for just the ability to submit)?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

• Yeah, I just called, and they said they would downgrade my account and credit me back the difference...

still, if it excludes world coins, they really should outline that - NGC gives 5 of either if you sign up with them. I just wanted to go with PCGS, and I have a couple I would value over 300.00, so I thought the premium account would actually save money.
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Just another reason that PCGS is crud (in my opinion).
  • My collection is 98% PCGS graded and a couple of months ago I switched to NGC for reasons such as this. Being as though I live in Florida and NGC is in Florida, this should improve the horrendous turnaround time that I was getting from PCGS.

• << <i>My collection is 98% PCGS graded and a couple of months ago I switched to NGC for reasons such as this. Being as though I live in Florida and NGC is in Florida, this should improve the horrendous turnaround time that I was getting from PCGS. >>

to be honest, i don't think the turnaround time was attributed to shipping. I just think that NGC is more efficient in getting your coins, grading them, and getting them back to you in a timely manner. I much prefer NGC and only use them for my world coins.

• just a quick update - I received a reply to my email, and my vouchers can be used on world coins - which I'm very happy about. Plus customer service contacted me when they noticed this thread, just to make sure everything was worked out.

I gotta say - that's impressive to me.
  • PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you got it worked out image. - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions