Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

2500th post giveaway - $1 in change - WINNER: CONGRATS Louis!

I already know what you're thinking... "Hold on, Sparky. We've got guys giving away gem Saints and you're giving away a buck in change? Are you all there?" Honestly, no, I'm not, nor will be the planchets on the $1 face value in clips I'm giving away for my 2500th post. I haven't picked out the actual coins yet, but here's roughly how I think the $1 face will break down:

15 cents (including plenty of Wheats, an Indian Cent, a steel cent, and a modern zinc cent);
4 nickels (including a silver War nickel and maybe a Buffalo);
4 dimes (including at least one silver Roosie);
and a quarter (probably clad).

Once I pick out the coins I'll post a picture to the thread. To enter, just post a reply here with one reason you're also "not all there" (preferably coin-related, but that's not a requirement image ). I'll randomly choose a winner Monday, October 2 at noon Eastern.

Winner chosen, congratulations Louis! Thanks also to all who replied.

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and thanks for the Chance ! I told this story before and it is true:
    Two of my co-workers each wanted me to get a key made for them. They each gave me a dollar. The keys cost 94 cents each plus sales tax. 2 X .94=$1.88+ .11 tax=$1.99...SOOO i got the one cent change...and since my co-workers are cheap guys that argue about the dumbest stuff, to avoid an arguement--i sawed the cent in half and gave them each a half-cent change. But then they argued over whos half of a cent was bigger. "Sigh". A true story. Bob
  • Options
    Hey Sean, generous giveawayimage

I would have to say that one reason I'm "not all there" is because I buy "unsearched" lots and have fun loosing money!
  • Options
    Thanks for the chance.

i've never been quite right since i solved the riddle of the 3 guys who check into the hotel and each pay $10 dollars.......
    i was sure i had found the missing dollar... then it was lost again. image

• Options
    Cool Giveaway!
    Congrats on 2K500

You could do that with a 5 dollar bill and ask for 5 Silver Morgans in the ol' days.
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options
    Congrats on 2500.image

Hmmh, "The reason I'm not all there." Because the doctors told me so a legitimate answer?image

Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Congrats on the 2500 and thank you for the wonderful opportunity. My story goes as follows, when I was younger I had in my hand (I got it as change from a store) a 1955DD. I looked at it and said to myself, somebody messed up and threw it away. Well knowing now what I had, all I can think is (IDIOT!).
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Thanks for the giveaway Sean and another congrats on 2500. image
  • Options
    Congrats on 2500 and enter me. My parents think i'm "not all there" when I talk about looking through their change to see if I can find any silver, wheats, etc... I guess they just don't understand.
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Congrats on the 2500th post!

Some folks say I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd because some of the conspiracy theories sound like there might be a shred of truth in them...
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My co-workers told me I wasn't all there when I showed them a lincoln penny that I paid 225,000 x face for.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Great givaway seanq.
    I'd have to say the reasion im "not all there" is because i dont know as much as i should about buying coins.
    Then again I'm a YN so I have a while to go.
  • Options
    seanq,

Congrats on 2500 posts.

I guess I'm not all there, because I rifle thru
    the "give a penny/take a penny" dishes at my local
    stores looking for wheaties and silver and then
    feel guilty when I find some, so I replace them
    with newer coins.

Ken

My first post...updated with pics

I collect mostly moderns and I'm currently working on a US type set.

• Options
    My wife thinks I'm not all there because I have a large coin collection,.......but no cents. Get it! Ahh... never mind. Please enter me, thanks.
  • Options
    Great Giveaway, Thanks for the chance, MoJo

I am not all there from reading ALL the drama,drama drama on the coin forum's ,Sorry but it is like the soaps on t.v,and I hate the soaps image

Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Please include me in this great giveaway...

Reason for me not being all there.... spending HOURS everyday researching these boards, E-Bay, Mint website, etc... my wife thinks I'm nuts.
  • Options
    First and foremost, thanks for the opportunity.

Second, I am not all there as every time I see what looks like a nice Morgan on EBay I start thinking it could be a 65, maybe a 66 even though in the back of my mind I know the darn thing was probably wiped, cleaned, altered, or photoshopped.
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options
  • Options
    Congrats on 2500. My parents give me the "how on earth is this my child" look whenever they see me rooting through their change.
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Count me in! THANKS!
  • Options
    I'm not all there because I sold most of my gold when it hit $450.image

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not all there there because I sent in a 1967 SMS half for grading as part of my 8 coin free voucher. Got a MS63image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Congrats on 2500 seanq and thank you for the giveaway chance. Tthe part of me that isn't here is looking through change. image
  • Options
    thanks for the chance I'm not all there because sometimes I feel like a teepee and sometimes I feel like a wigwam. I went to the DR and he told me that my problem is that I am too tense. image
  • Options
    Congrats!!!

Enter me please as I don't collect "normal" coins....my wife and kids think I am nuts sometimes when I show them a coin with missing featres, severe die cracks....

Thanks.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to extend this 48 hours because (a) I'd like to see a few more replies, and (b) I'm 'not all here' today, I'm going to be out on business when the original deadline comes. Winner will be chosen noon on Wednseday.

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Enter me please! I'm not all there because, well, I'm a coin collector.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options

<< <i>thanks for the chance I'm not all there because sometimes I feel like a teepee and sometimes I feel like a wigwam. I went to the DR and he told me that my problem is that I am too tense. >>

Too Tense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got it.image
    Ken

My first post...updated with pics

I collect mostly moderns and I'm currently working on a US type set.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After asking a coworker to pick a number between 2 and 27, it's congratulations to Louis! PM me your address and I'll send you your buck. image

Sean Reynolds

• Options

Congrats to louis!!image
    Monday April 10, 2006 9:04 AM

SM1 calls me a troublemaker....image

--------------------------------------------
    Sunday August 19, 2007 9:17AM

A mentor awarded " YOU SUCK!!"
  • Options
    I suggested to seanq to give the prize to a YN, stay tuned for details. image