Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions about 1975 unopened baseball from BB Card Exchange

I will preface this by saying I'm being a bit lazy here. I have not read much about the upcoming 1975 wax opening, so maybe my answers are in there somewhere. Anyway, here are my questions:

(1) Why is the price of a 1975 Topps Mini Wax Pack $45, while the price of a regular 1975 wax pack is $90, yet the price of a 1975 mini cello box is $800 more than the price of a regular 1975 cello box?

(2) Why is the price of a 1975 mini wax box less than 1/2 the price of a 1975 mini cello box? Are there really that many more cards in the cello box?

Thanks for any help.

Tom (detroitfan2)

Comments

• Options
    The mini cello box more expensive due to the rarity of the cello packs themselves, not due to any additional cards in the box.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    all about rarity, regular cellos are easy to find. wax mini's are easy to find . regular wax and cello minis are considerably more difficult . all that said if you are opening them , you can connect the dots which to buy for regular or mini
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with packcollector. For wax, the regular size 75 packs are harder to find so they usually for for about a 50% premium over the mini wax packs (on average). For cellos, the opposite is true. Both regular size and mini wax and cello packs contain the same number of cards, so scarcity is the only factor in terms of value there. The 1975 mini cellos have actually fallen in value quite a bit over the past year after a couple cases were busted open and put up for sale on ebay. I remember when Steve added a 1975 GAI 9.5 mini cello pack on his site for $250 and it was gone within a week. I also remember when Steve listed a 75 mini cello box about a year or two ago and it reached $5K and the reserve was not even met. Now you can buy a 9.5 mini cello for about $100 on ebay.

The 75 mini rack packs are probably the toughest of all 75 unopened product to obtain. I've only seen one or two come up for auction on ebay over the last couple of years.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, thanks very much for the info. packCollector, you answered my overall question, which had to do with what do you buy if you want to open the packs. I thought maybe the cellos were widely accepted as a better choice for obtaining high grade cards due to less wax stains, gum stains, etc.

Thanks again,

Tom