Home Sports Talk

So who is Lying?? Dallas PD or TO?

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
?

the only positive to this entire situation is that we won't have to endure too much of the Notre Dame lovefest until the TO drugfest wears off.

Comments

• Good point of view from profootballtalk.com -

TIME FOR THE T.O. FREAK SHOW TO END

We gave Terrell Owens a clean slate earlier on Wednesday. We're now breaking the thing over our knee.

The guy either has no mental or emotional disorders and is thus simply a congenital a--hole, or he is so deep in denial and so insulated by apologists and enablers that he'll never try to get help.

Then there's the third option -- that the suggestion of a suicide attempt was a ruse aimed at generating attention for a guy who has taken a back seat so far this season.

Regardless of how this all happened, we cannot wait until the day that we no longer have to type his name.

And who in the hell is this Kim Etheredge person? "Must be nice to have a 'live-in' publicist," remarked one league insider. "I hope she cooks and cleans for him too."

The source also noted: "Does Kim know his 25 million reasons only exist if he plays and earns every dollar on his 'day-to-day' contract?"

Speaking of his "25 million reasons" to live, another league insider thinks that maybe -- just maybe -- Owens is denying the suicide attempt in order to avoid ultimate placement on the non-football injury list, which would permit the team to not pay him the balance of his $5 million salary. But our calculations, the amount in the balance would be $4.18 million. And then there's his signing bonus, part of which would be vulnerable to forfeiture if it were determined that Owens was unable to practice or play due to intentional conduct.

We also wonder how long coach Bill Parcells will tolerate this stuff. A league insider who heard Parcells' press conference from earlier in the afternoon is convinced that Parcells is fed up with having to deal with the extra crap that having Owens on the team entails. Even if there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for everything that has transpired, the fact is that, once again, Owens is at the center of a surreal series of events. It's the last thing that any NFL team needs only three weeks into a season, and it very well could literally be the last thing Parcells will put up with from Owens.

And how does the Tuna feel about Owens' "publicist" getting a spot on the podium in front of the backdrop with the Cowboys' star and the Dr. Pepper logos. "It looks to me as though [she] took the opportunity to get some publicity for herself out into the sports community," said the league insider who wondered whether she also cooks and cleans. "There is no other reason for her to be given access to a press conference held at a team facility. . . . I understand she was an eyewitness to the events that transpired, but that is what the media locations outside the facility are for, not the actual team facilities. Those are almost exclusively limited to team personnel, players, in some unique situations their agents, and the media covering events."

Bottom line -- we're done with the guy. It remains to be seen whether the Cowboys have gotten to that point as well.
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Regardless of how this all happened, we cannot wait until the day that we no longer have to type his name. >>

Yet they write an entire article on the guy.

if they truly couldn't 'wait until the day', then why spend the energy writing the article?

It's an exercise in hypocrisy....on one hand complain about the attention T.O. is getting, meanwhile spending time and energy doing just that.
  • ^^
    Kind of how your "hate the Yankees" yet easily 90% of your posts are about the Yankees. An exercise in futility eh?

TO is a headcase, that was established years ago. Hope he doesn't kill himself, he should enjoy the money he has earned.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>^^
    Kind of how your "hate the Yankees" yet easily 90% of your posts are about the Yankees. An exercise in futility eh?
    >>

And you want to whine about my derailing threads? Get the f*** out of here, troll.

<< <i>TO is a headcase, that was established years ago. Hope he doesn't kill himself, he should enjoy the money he has earned. >>

It's said he had a reaction to the painkillers with his supplements. If he did try to kill himself, he sure as hell wouldn't have been released from any hospital this morning.
  • Anyone can walk out of a hospital. Anyone. I really doubt this story of painkillers/supplement mixture causing a man to tell a police officer he's wants/tried to hurt himself. Dude is a headcase.

btw, your the troll of this board. Yet, you call out NUMEROUS people who disagree with your "facts". Fact is, the M's and Buks suck, and D&D is for basement dwelling losers(aka-Men who drive mini coopers). Grow up, go enjoy the Cali sunshine as it's quite obvious you don't get out enough.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Dallass PD hasn't always been that trusting when it comes to cowboy players ... Irvin, Allen, Newton, etc, etc, etc

Glad he is okay, glad he is gone, glad he will play in two weeks. TO is nuts, Parcells is going crazy, and dallass will not win 8 games this season. Something else involving TO will happen, and Parcells or him will leave the team.

BTW, if I was wrongfully accused of attempted suicide I would be mad as hell ... not lollygagging with a subpar "publicist"
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    And you want to whine about my derailing threads? Get the f*** out of here, troll. >>

^ ^ Isn't angry ^ ^ image

Such rage! I enjoy the ATTEMPT of being a bully! It's quite entertaining!

TO brings this on himself. The guy lives for being in the public eye. I really feel for Parcells here. After this fiasco, will anyone really want TO on their team? Will anyone take that headache on? The league just needs to turn their back on the a-hole. Let him star in some reality shows or something to make money..he'll probably end up there anyway.

• << <i>

<< <i>Regardless of how this all happened, we cannot wait until the day that we no longer have to type his name. >>

Yet they write an entire article on the guy.

if they truly couldn't 'wait until the day', then why spend the energy writing the article?

It's an exercise in hypocrisy....on one hand complain about the attention T.O. is getting, meanwhile spending time and energy doing just that. >>

Get a dictionary. Start with the "r" section. Now go to "rh."

Follow along closely now. "Look for "rhe."

Can you say rhetoric? Say it correctly now. Notice how the "h" is silent?

Rhetoric is "the undue use of exaggeration or display." Get it? The writer is not competely serious and is purposely exaggerating.

Next exercise. Find "i."

Now look for "idi."

You guessed it!!!

You're a friggin' idiot!

No rhetoric there.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't believe TO tried to kill himself. Almost anything is possible with human behavior, but I didn't believe throughout this whole ordeal that he intended to kill himself. TO despite his "mental" problems, in my opinion doesn't fit the mold of a candidate for suicide.

My feeling though at this point is that he did answer "Yes" to the paramedic's question of, "Were you trying to harm yourself?" But I think it was in the same type of mode as someone drinking heavily or even taking drugs heavily, just trying to zone out and forget about life's problems for awhile.

I remember one time after being dumped by a girl I really liked, I went on a heavy drinking binge for about a day. I had no intentions whatsoever of killing myself, but if I had been rushed to the hospital for drinking too much and got asked that same question, just as a reflex response I may have answered, "Yes."

• 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I don't think he tried it either, but once again TO is starting to bring a little bit of chaos to yet another team.

Gotta love it! image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I think his "publicist" overreacted, perhaps either to (a) get TO some ink in the press or (b) try to turn him into some kind of tragic, sympathetic figure instead of a pure jackass.
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Ask yourself who has the reason to lie.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ask yourself who has the reason to lie. >>

He has 25 million reasons image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ask yourself who has the reason to lie. >>

Exactly IM.