Home Sports Talk

I swear I could throw up watching the phillies

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

they're my team, but
why can't they ever do anything but come up short/choke ??!!?
Washington is starting to beat them around.

*GAG*

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin, where are you, man? What's that again about the Phils beating the Mets in the playoffs? I forgot...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

mets wont get out of the first series.
    I like thier offense, but thier pitching is a shambles (starting pitching anyway).

who would have figured thier bullpen would be thier strongest feature ?
    who would have figured thier bullpen would be thier strongest feature ?

It has been all year.

Their lineup is stacked and though they may not have Pedro to count on, they have enough veteran savvy with Glavine & El Duque to get the job done. No one in the NL has a better bullpen either.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>who would have figured thier bullpen would be thier strongest feature ?

It has been all year.

Their lineup is stacked and though they may not have Pedro to count on, they have enough veteran savvy with Glavine & El Duque to get the job done. No one in the NL has a better bullpen either. >>

glavines lifetime playoff record is like 9-15 or something.
    tho el duque is 8-3 ? or maybe that's just 83 (as in, years old)

I love playoff season ! hopefully, Ill have more than just a passing rooting interest: phillies 5, nationals 4 (so far.... )
    phils just got jobbed on another call.
    runner out at first base, ump calls him safe. called howard off the bag but he plainly was on it.
    As a Mets fan, I'd rather see them shut Pedro down for the first round and go with John Maine as the fourth starter. Pedro's obviously injured and running him out there while he's hurt is not doing anything for him mentally or physically at this point.

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Pedro looked great today!

/sarcasm off
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the Phils game today, they pulled up the graphic of the Philadelphia championship drougt (last was the Sixers in 1983). Out of 11 cities with teams in all 4 pro sports, the have the longest drought by far.
    Big win for the Phils tonight. Unfortunately for them, Dodgers won, too.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the game from about the 5th inning to the end. Helluva good ballgame. Keeps us in the hunt!
    I listened to every pitch. it was a terribly played game, phils are NOT playing well down the stretch, but a win is a win.
    it's like always having to putt first in golf, that's NOT where you want to me. a real player needs all information, 2nd putt is an advantage. LA has the time advantage day to day.
    Well you're right of course that it was a terribly played game, but it was a win. I'm so hungry for a championship I don't care if we commit 27 errors per game, and we strikeout 27 times per game, if our pitcher throws a no hitter and allows no runs, and hits a homerun I'll take the win. I don't care if it's ugly, as long as it's a win.

Despite the terrible play, the Phillies impressed me in that game with their intensity and desire - that can go a long way!
  • They saved their season with that win last night. If they can stay within 1 game of LA, they have a really good shot at sending it to a 1 game playoff back in Philly on Monday. SF is ready and waiting to ambush LA this weekend.
  • Colorado gave Philly fans a glimmer of hope with a 3 run first but LA comes back with a granny in the 2nd. 4-3 Bot 2nd. I think the humidor the Rockies were using on the baseballs has been in the shop the last 2 months. The over in Colorado is 20-5-2 since Aug 1st.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Rockies suck, we can only hope to keep pace tonight. Im not too pleased with Gordon's effort last night

JS
  • Make that 21-5-2.
  • Col is destroying the Dodgers pen, now up 10-8 in the fourth. Ah, the good old days of the beer-league softball slugfests in Coors. LA's pen is getting decimated and will have effects on their series in SF. Guaranteed. Go Rockies!!!

<< <i>They saved their season with that win last night. If they can stay within 1 game of LA, they have a really good shot at sending it to a 1 game playoff back in Philly on Monday. SF is ready and waiting to ambush LA this weekend. >>

I would take that scenario.
    Wow, what a pitcher's duel out at Coors field! Dodgers will retain their lead it looks like.

Houston up big, too.

Stick a fork in them: the Phillies are DONE.

there might be life yet. DEMOLISHING the marlins tonight. gotta squash teams with nothing to play for QUICK as possible.
    they let washington hang around and see what happened.

I still say the league f-d them by making them play a game starting at MIDNIGHT when they had to fly to florida that morning.
    a friggin travesty.

anyway. GO Giants !! hopefully they'll play inspired. 1 game at a time....
    If the Dodgers win tonight they clinch at least a tie for the wildcard.

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Giants up 3-0..where were those 14 runs when we needed it against the Nats? Phils are just scary when they are on. Mets
    want no part of that.

JS
  • Stalin? Where ya been? Buks are 0-3 and the Phils AREN'T making the playoffs. hahahaaha, just poking fun buddy.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Stalin? Where ya been? Buks are 0-3 and the Phils AREN'T making the playoffs. hahahaaha, just poking fun buddy. >>

This coming from a giants fan who's flipflopped over into the jets camp since they have a better record?

What a clown.

• hey dumbchit, I'm a Giants fan but I also root for the Jets. Buks are 0-3. Keep crying.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>hey dumbchit, I'm a Giants fan but I also root for the Jets. Buks are 0-3. Keep crying. >>

Of course you root for the jets this year, they are 2-1. The giants aren't much better than the Bucs (spell it right moron). 1-2 and could be 0-3 just as easily as the bucs could be 1-2.

Grow a brain, twit.
  • Thing is, the Buks are 0-3. The Giants aren't. STFU. The Giants could be 3-0, the Buks could be 3-0...You know what? Neither are.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff

<< <i>Thing is, the Buks are 0-3. The Giants aren't. STFU. The Giants could be 3-0, the Buks could be 3-0...You know what? Neither are. >>

Did I hit a nerve calling you out on you suddenly rooting for the jets? Truth hurts huh buddy?

• No, not at all. I root for the Jets, but I'm a fan of the Giants. I root for Giants over the Jets whenever/ifever they play. Buks still have a worse record that both though. Can't get around that fact.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
    Mets
    want no part of that.

Of course, we don't want to be home watching the playoffs like the Sillies will be!

ugh, glad I didn't see it. Giants choke in the 9th and the dodgers win.
    happily, the Padres lost.

hopefully one of those 2 teams will lose tonight and the phils will win, then going into the last day of the season I still have something to watch re: philly baseball !