Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Dixie Lids: Please Help

I just bought this on eBay for a nominal price. I'm a huge Brando fan and an even bigger On The Waterfront fan. My question is in regard to the date of issue for this lid? Does anyone know anything about this? The only complete set I could find was the 1952 Nelson's set and there was obviously no Brando or OTW issue in it.

It looks too clean to be an older issue. Also, the fact that it's a "Hall of Fame" issue leads me to believe that it's a later issue. I'm not worried that I got ripped off or anything because I got it relatively cheap but I wanted to check with you guys to see if you knew anything about it.

I plan on checking with the seller for further information but I thought I'd post here as well.

I really appreciate the help guys. image

Arthur

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Sorry guys. Upon closer examination I noticed the little '82 on the tab. I think that answers my question. image

Arthur
  • Options
    I have the original Dixie Lids Brando from the early 50s. It is PSA graded 4....looks like a 7. Was thinking of regrading it but willing to sell for $10 delivered if you are interested.
  • Options
    David,

What set is it from? I may be interested.

Thanks,

Arthur
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthur

I have a set of movie stars that look like this one - these are unused and still have the wafer of thin wax paper that would have protected the picture from the ice cream below.

I accidentally ruined one of them - trying to take the wax paper off - either ya gotta go real slow or consider warming it up first I guess.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    That Hope looks nice. Have you considered getting it graded, Mike? I never even intended on collecting the Dixie lids. I just stumbled across them while searching for other stuff on eBay. I'm a HUGE film nut so when I saw the Brando from OTW I simply had to have it. How much so? I actually paid the listed price in someone's eBay store! image

Here's another one I couldn't pass up. Ford + Wayne = Brilliance (a little more Ford though image)

I won the auction and as time passed I started to see these pop up more. Turns out I got the graded Wayne delivered for about 40% less than what I've seen them for ungraded.

Arthur