Home Sports Talk
Options

Ouch!

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Link

Brazilian javelin judge Lia Mara Lourenco is helped by colleagues and medics after a javelin, launched during warm-ups by a competitor, pierced her foot before the start of the competition in a national athletics championship called Trofeu Brasil (Trophy Brazil) in Sao Paulo September 24, 2006. Lourenco was taken to the hospital and underwent surgery to remove the javelin tip. Picture taken September 24, 2006

Comments

• Options
    I had just seen that on Yahoo not 5 minutes ago; emailed/im'd it to a couple buddies. WHEW, what a rush. I just had to pull out a couple inch long splinter that went through my thumb web(both sides) and that was rush enough for me.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    That's gotta hurt.

One time my dad was walking on a pile of old fence posts in the corner of our yard and stepped directly on a nail, sharp-side up. That was bad enough. Something this size? Ow!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axtell...Did you ever get that arrow removed that was shot through your skull?

Come on now. It's a joke. It was only a joke.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Axtell...Did you ever get that arrow removed that was shot through your skull?Q]

Yep, but it left him with irreparable brain damage.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Axtell...Did you ever get that arrow removed that was shot through your skull?Q]

Yep, but it left him with irreparable brain damage. >>

So says the man who hasn't yet learned how to close his quotes.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yep, but it left him with irreparable brain damage. >>

So says the man who hasn't yet learned how to close his quotes. >>

-- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Call someone out for being 'brain damaged' you sure as hell better believe you're going to get crushed for being an idiot.
  • Options

<< <i>Call someone out for being 'brain damaged' you sure as hell better believe you're going to get crushed for being an idiot. >>

You most certainly did CRUSH me image

DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    That hurts just looking at the picture.

It's pretty darn funny too.image
  • Options
    Here we go more little man syndrome from ax. Why do you guys play his games? Every time you argue with him he grabs for the jergens and gets offimage
  • Options

<< <i>Here we go more little man syndrome from ax. Why do you guys play his games? Every time you argue with him he grabs for the jergens and gets offimage >>

What are you talking about? I posted an interesting story and photo, and bri comes along and runs his yap as usual...and then here you come, a day later, running your yap too?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Pot meet Tinkerbell.

Yap, yap, yap!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Axtell you have never crushed anyone here. All you do is spew vile crap. Go away you stink up the joint.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here we go more little man syndrome from ax. Why do you guys play his games? Every time you argue with him he grabs for the jergens and gets offimage >>

What are you talking about? I posted an interesting story and photo, and bri comes along and runs his yap as usual...and then here you come, a day later, running your yap too? >>

waaaaah. image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    <<What are you talking about? I posted an interesting story and photo, and bri comes along and runs his yap as usual...and then here you come, a day later, running your yap too?>>

Ok ax I'll give you it's a interesting photo and story if someone else posted it.

BUT THE SAD FACT IS WHEN YOU POSTED IT THE FIRST THING EVERYONE THINKS IS . "TOO BAD IT'S NOT THROUGH AX'S HEAD AND NOT THAT POOR GIRLS FOOT"image
  • Options
    picture of poor girl with javelin through her foot
    Time spent vomiting when you see ax post somethinG
    Breath wasted on responding to ax

MENTAL PICTURE OF THAT JAVELIN THROUGH AXTELLS HEAD PRICELESS
  • Options

<< <i>timee spent vomiting when you see ax post somethinG
    Breath wasted on responding to ax
    >>

<< <i>Why do you guys play his games >>

You say it's a waste of time, that its a game, yet you can't help yourself can you sparky?
  • Options
    Axtell is an ass.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>Axtell is an ass. >>

So why reply?

If you guys hate my posts so much, why do you 'waste' your time responding?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Axtell is an ass. >>

So why reply?

If you guys hate my posts so much, why do you 'waste' your time responding? >>

Cuz its fun telling you what a DOPE you are. image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    At what point does that wear out for you, clown?

Ever?

Or are you such a simple minded buffoon that you get off posting the same inane chit over and over and over?

• Options

<< <i>At what point does that wear out for you, clown?

Ever?

Or are you such a simple minded buffoon that you get off posting the same inane chit over and over and over? >>

The same point you wake up and realize that not everything NY is negative.

DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Oh my did I hurt your feelings, moron? Did I say something bad about NY and it made you cry?

boo friggin hoo, grow a thicker skin. I thought NYers were supposed to be tough?
  • Options

<< <i>Oh my did I hurt your feelings, moron? Did I say something bad about NY and it made you cry?

boo friggin hoo, grow a thicker skin. I thought NYers were supposed to be tough? >>

No, actually I was laughing at you dummy.

In your fits of rage you fail to realize you are the laughingstock around here.

Get a clue DOPE.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Oh well if I am the laughingstock of the circle jerk here know as ny yankee 'fans', well, I simply would take that as a compliment.

Your clowns really are a bunch of morons, who have no insight into anything outside the tiny little world known as ny sports...you are fed garbage non-stop all day every day how 'great' ny sports teams are, despite the fact that the yankees haven't won a world series title in half a decade (despite outspending the #2 team by $80+ million yearly).

I guess when someone opens the door and shines light on the poorly lit, you're going to be blinded.
  • Options

<< <i>Oh well if I am the laughingstock of the circle jerk here know as ny yankee 'fans', well, I simply would take that as a compliment.

Your clowns really are a bunch of morons, who have no insight into anything outside the tiny little world known as ny sports...you are fed garbage non-stop all day every day how 'great' ny sports teams are, despite the fact that the yankees haven't won a world series title in half a decade (despite outspending the #2 team by $80+ million yearly).

I guess when someone opens the door and shines light on the poorly lit, you're going to be blinded. >>

Every NY fan on here contributed positively to the posts regarding other teams. We give credit and add positive comments. I am certain and confident in saying that. I am sure ANY non Yankee or NY fan would agree on that.

YOU, on the other hand, offer nothing other than hatred and bias, stuck in this tiny little world of " lets hate big bad NY "

DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra