Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

EECs fault

Who is responsible for the low mintages of minor countries' Euro coins?. I thought it was the countries themseleves, until I saw the Vatican web-site which includes the agrreement that allows the Vatican to issue Euro-coinage. Is this also the case for San Marino and Monaco?
researching the"distinctive paper" LS SS Fracs and even bonds" most notably from the Wilcox era 1869-80

Comments

• Options
    Yup. image
    Roy

• Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    The European Central Bank sets mintage limits for each of the eurozone countries. The ECB's function is similar to that of the Federal Reserve in the United States -- to ensure the money supply doesn't get out of control.
  • Options

<< <i>The European Central Bank sets mintage limits for each of the eurozone countries. The ECB's function is similar to that of the Federal Reserve in the United States -- to ensure the money supply doesn't get out of control. >>

Let me get this straight. If each of the three minor countries increased mint/proof set production by 100k(enough that I think would moderate prices) that would mean 300k more sets at 3.88 Euros. for the grand total of 1.164 mil. Euros. A truely massive increase in the money supply. Even if it took a half million sets per country, you are lookng at less than a 6mil. increase in the money supply.
    researching the"distinctive paper" LS SS Fracs and even bonds" most notably from the Wilcox era 1869-80
  • Options
    Actually Vatican City, San Marino and Monaco have zero direct allotment of Euro coins/currency.

Vatican City and San Marino arrange with Italy to use a small part of its allotment, and Monaco does the same with France.
    Roy

• Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    that's some neat diplomacy
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I had never thought about this!

Now that I think about it, there are many things that I have never thought about!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting, I had never thought about this!

Now that I think about it, there are many things that I have never thought about! >>

imageimage
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders