Home PSA Set Registry Forum

ok, old judge experts

i'm trying to see if anyone has a clue what recent auction prices have been coming in on old judge cards, the commons, not hof's, in psa 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., seems like the smr listed of $325 for one in a psa 5 is awful low to me

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Assume you mean N172's, not N167's.
    If you're going to seriously work on OJ's or T206's I would highly recommend Vintage Card Prices.com
    There is a huge variance in OJ's due to subset, player, pose, etc. I believe a low grade (or maybe authentic) CA league player sold for just under 100K in the last year. 40-60K is not out of the question.

According to VCP, sales of PSA 1's in the last year ranged from $71. to $157. (commons only)
    PSA 2's from $83. to $494. with a spotted tie going for $787.
    PSA 3's from $125. to $546.
    PSA 4's from $206. to $687.

Lew Lipset's Encyclopedia of Baseball cards is an invaluable reference for this set and other pre war issues. The posts of Jay Miller, Richard Masson, Trevor Hocking and Doug Dreier on Net 54 are probably the best research material, as they are some of the top OJ collectors in the hobby.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• good info, thanks griffins
    here is the card in question, the one on the right i just bought, and will send in for grading, not even sure what it may grade with PSA

• the card on the left really should be submitted to SGC.

SGC understands that it was originally cut like that and will actually grade it. PSA won't
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the card on the left really should be submitted to SGC.

SGC understands that it was originally cut like that and will actually grade it. PSA won't >>

Please check the date of an old thread before you bump it
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page