Home Metal Detecting
Options

<sigh> selling my Tejon...

Hey guys...

...as much as I dont want to, legal troubles are forcing me to sell my baby. If anybody wants to buy the tesoro super detector for a reasonable price, go on to ebay... here's a l ink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&item=300032030484&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

I do not know if this is the right forum to advertise this, and if not, I do apologize. I need the money really bad.

Take Care,
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linkified.

...and bid on, as soon as I finish posting this, and actually go to eBay.

Sorry for your woes. I hope things turn around and you get back out with another detector one day. My pal Billy uses the Tejon and swears by it. I seem to remember you digging a really nice 1805 cent some time back, too, yes? Did you find it with this machine?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PS- I think it is perfectly appropriate to sell a detector here, as this is our only detector forum. What say the rest?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yes, everything I found was found with this detector. Never did find any large cents, probably due to being in tennessee. Maybe you remember the 1914 dime that somebody made 3d? Thanks for bidding on my machine too! You wont be disappointed!
  • Options
    Hm. Who was it that dug that 1805 cent, then? Somebody who hung around occasionally and then vanished on us. Ah, well.

Here's Billy and his Tejon in action.

• Options

<< <i>Maybe you remember the 1914 dime that somebody made 3d? >>

I do indeed. We were discussing those "pop-out" coins over on Treasurenet not long ago and somebody posted one that they'd found. I thought of yours. (And how much I would LOVE to find one of those myself.) They were done as souvenirs at the 1892 Columbian Exposition and later at the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition, which might be where yours was created.

<< <i>Never did find any large cents, probably due to being in tennessee. >>

Ha. There ain't no shortage of large cents in Tennessee. They might be hard to find, but they're out there.

• Options

<< <i>PS- I think it is perfectly appropriate to sell a detector here, as this is our only detector forum. What say the rest? >>

Yes, it is perfectly appropriate to sell a detector here. Looks to be a nice machine.
  • Options
    Billy swears by his.

I'm so much of a coinshooter that I shied away from these simplistic machines that lacked meters for a while, but in some ways not having an ID meter is good, if the user is a lazy digger like me. They make you dig more to investigate stuff. I learned that with a good deepseeking relic machine like the Troy Shadow (which Billy used to use and then sold to me), or the Tejon he uses now, one really doesn't need the meter. Particularly on these relic sites where we dig practically any nonferrous target anyway.

• Options
    I have no problem in someone selling on here as long as they are an "active" member.
  • Options

<< <i> Hm. Who was it that dug that 1805 cent, then? >>

eyoung429 ??

Can't really recall myself but that's the name that pops up in my head.

Perfect place to advertise Ryan.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just because I bid on his 'tector, don't anybody feel like they shouldn't bid, too. I bid $365. If I win, I will try it out for a while on my relic sites. But I currently own three detectors, so if you want a good relic machine, give him a bid.