Home Sports Talk
Options

How the Hell is F$U #17 and Nebraska is #21 when . . . .

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
F$U squeaked by the Women of Troy 24-17 (in a game they trailed most of the way and pull out of their ass), and Nebraska PUMMELED the Women of Troy 56-0??

Also, Nebraska's only loss is to #2 USC, while F$U lost to #19 Clemson (who should be ranked ahead of F$U as well).

Well, I guess this will be a moot point after F$U loses to basketball powerhouse NC State next week.

Edited because I forgot F$U lost to Clemson, not Miami (ugh).

Comments

• Options
    well

Date Opponent Time/Result Audio/Video
    Sat, Sep 2 Louisiana Tech W 49-10 --
    Sat, Sep 9 Nicholls State W 56-7 --
    Sat, Sep 16 at (4) USC L 10-28 --
    Sat, Sep 23 Troy W 56-0

Scores & Schedule - All postseason broadcasts are subject to availability
    Date Opponent Time/Result Audio/Video
    Mon, Sep 4 at (17) Miami (FL) W 13-10 * Audio
    Sat, Sep 9 Troy W 24-17 * Audio
    Sat, Sep 16 Clemson L 20-27 * Audio
    Sat, Sep 23 Rice W 55-7 * Audio
  • Options
    Hey, La Tech could probably beat Miami now!! image
  • Options
    I highly doubt it LOL... Miami has lost to Louisville many believe they can be the best team at end and fsu
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Nebraska has never been a media darling and probably never will. image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options

<< <i>Nebraska has never been a media darling and probably never will. image >>

I hate F$U as much as anybody, but you guys got major love in '97 when Tom Osborne was awarded a split NC for his retirement. If you remember, Michigan was consensus #1 in both polls that season, but there was groundswell fo support for Nebraska because of Osborne's retirement.

But on the whole, you're right, Nebraska doesn't get much love from the media. F$U gets plenty of unearned respect because of Saint Booby. If you look at their record over the last 5 years, what have they really accomplished?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

I hate F$U as much as anybody, but you guys got major love in '97 when Tom Osborne was awarded a split NC for his retirement. If you remember, Michigan was consensus #1 in both polls that season, but there was groundswell fo support for Nebraska because of Osborne's retirement.

But on the whole, you're right, Nebraska doesn't get much love from the media. F$U gets plenty of unearned respect because of Saint Booby. If you look at their record over the last 5 years, what have they really accomplished? >>

Michigan would have just gotten it handed to them in that game. Carr and co. should be eternally grateful that the BCS hadn't kicked in my then.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

But on the whole, you're right, Nebraska doesn't get much love from the media. F$U gets plenty of unearned respect because of Saint Booby. If you look at their record over the last 5 years, what have they really accomplished? >>

Michigan would have just gotten it handed to them in that game. Carr and co. should be eternally grateful that the BCS hadn't kicked in my then. >>

Agreed, but I am biased, of course.

However, Michigan certainly did not man-handle Washington State in the Rose Bowl, whereas Nebraska CRUSHED Tennessee. I was very disappointed in the AP Poll -- I doubt if many of the writers even bothered to watch the Orange Bowl and mailed their ballots in early.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nebraska has never been a media darling and probably never will. >>

Sure they were... I was around in the early 1970's and remember the 35-31 game with Oklahoma... its just that they earned it.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nebraska has never been a media darling and probably never will. >>

Sure they were... I was around in the early 1970's and remember the 35-31 game with Oklahoma... its just that they earned it. >>

True, but I think the gist of the original question is that FSU hasn't earned it.
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    I hate the ranking system that is in place. The ranking system is only in place so they have something to do until we get to the last four weeks of the college football season (before any bowl game is played). If we had a true playoff system for 1A college football, then the rankings at this point would be meaningless. You would then only get to complain if your team were left out of the post season tournament (like you hear each year for 1A college basketball).