Home Sports Talk

Madden curse strikes again. alexander breaks foot!

i think this is 7 or 8 years since the guy on the cover of the madden video game....has got injured!

Comments

• indeed.. broken foot. Did eddie george get hurt or did he just have a bad year?
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Stick a fork in the Seahawks. They might still win 10 games with an assist from their crappy division, but they won't go very far in the playoffs without him.
  • Maurice Morris is no slouch, I see another Larry Johnson scenario myself. Guess who I just picked up in both of my FFL's image

Am I speaking Chinese?

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will never see Tom Brady on the cover of Madden.

After this year they will be lucky to get Kerry Collins to agree to be on the cover!!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>indeed.. broken foot. Did eddie george get hurt or did he just have a bad year? >>

Eddie George had a career year when he was on the Madden cover, after him everyone got hurt....Faulk, Culpepper, Vick, Ray lewis, McNabb, Alexander......................image
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>indeed.. broken foot. Did eddie george get hurt or did he just have a bad year? >>

Eddie George had a career year when he was on the Madden cover, after him everyone got hurt....Faulk, Culpepper, Vick, Ray lewis, McNabb, Alexander......................image >>

No, he didn't. He cracked 100 yards ONCE all season (the second to last game of the year). Also,

Madden 2001 cover: Eddie George, Titans RB

Before cover: The Titans reached the Super Bowl the prior season and George had gone to three consecutive Pro Bowls.

After cover: George made the Pro Bowl in 2000, but averaged 3.2 yards per carry in 2001 and 2002 and the Titans haven't been back to the Super Bowl.
  • The Seahawks will be fine... Alexander will miss a few weeks and will just be returning to full strength for the last half of the season. The Seahawks have a pretty good team without Alexander.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word now is he may not even miss a game, though I'd expect Seattle to rest him this week with the bye coming up next week.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.