Home Stamps Forum
Options

What NATO Stamps Exist?

I know about the purple 3 cent of 1953, and the 4 cent of 1959. What others exist? I work at NATO and run a NATO course, and somethimes use these as gifts for students.
Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Comments

• Options
    A lot; depends on if you are inquiring about US stamps or world-wide. For the US, there is also a 33cent NATO stamp issued a few years back commemerating 50yrs of NATO. Most NATO nations also have stamps referencing NATO.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am just talking US stamps.
  • Options
    For the US, only 3 stamps that I am aware of: Sc# 1008(3cent), 1127(4cent), and 3354(33cent).
  • Options
    The only other tidbits of info are the 1st two are kick and stick and the last one is self-adhesive. I like the last one the best. The 1st 2 are kinda dull and subdued. If you are looking for different gift ideas check out the Overrun Countries Issue. Different countries flags that were overrun in WWII of which some are now members of NATO.

There's also a stamp commenorating SEATO..South East Asia Treaty Organization.. Nr 1151. I believe that is what it stands for.

Jerry

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I don't think my French students would like a stamp commemorating that they were overrun!!

The running joke in the office is the Germans like the French and Belgiums so much they keep coming to visit. Then the US needs to come to make them go home. We have 2 French, 4 Germans, 2 Belgians, 1 UK, 2 US, one Portugese and one Greek in the office.