Home Sports Talk
Options

Question about Joe Girardi

What Joe Girardi has done with the Marlins this year has been marvelous. I really liked him as a player and coach.

On sports talk radio in Chicago, there has been some mention regarding a published report (perhaps SI or other major publication) that stated that the day Joe Girardi left as Yankees bench coach to head to FL, Joe Torre could not have been happier since he won his 1st WS with the Yankees.

Is there any truth to this? If so, what was the conflict between him and Torre? If Torre didn't like the guy, then we may need to ask additional questions.

Thanks

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    I don't remember any problems between the two Joes, at least not public.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    If Torre felt that way about Girardi, I dont think Girardi would have had that kind of job working that close to Torre! I dont remember any stories where there was bad blood or that Torre didnt like Girardi.