Home Metal Detecting
Options

weekend silvers

when everything is slow around here, we have an area that occasionally gives up stuff. its been awhile since i got anything older than a mercury dime. was very happy to see the 1911s dime.

Comments

• Options
    Nice digs!!
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    That last item on the right looks like an old bottle opener.

Is that what it is?
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options

<< <i>Nice digs!! >>

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275

Nice finds you got there dd
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hunting in one of my favorite parks the other day, on the spot where I had found my own 1911-S dime way back when. I was hoping for another Barber. Didn't get one, though. Boy, I sure wish I had something other than hammered-out, overpicked sites to hunt. I need to start using my noggin a little more and get outta the rut.

Congrats!

BTW, what's the rest of that little brass plaque say? I can see "1906" and "Patt(ern)" and "Size", but what else is there?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    you guessed the plaque correctly.

out of dozens of barber dimes dug, that was my first 1911s. i always hope i'm gonna get a date and or MM i have'nt dug yet. i must have dug at least 20 1900s dimes and really hope i don't find that one again.

this site is hammered. i've been hitting it for almost 20 years now.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was it? There wasn't anything else? Just "1906", "Patt(ern)", and "Size"?

Hm.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.