Home Sports Talk
Options

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 0 - 3

stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ugly with a capital U

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Ya think at this point Ax regrets jumping on the Bucs bandwagon when they were good a few yrs back ?
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    When you have some dude's initials tattooed on your leg you're bound to be bent over at midfield at some point during the game! Suck it up and play Chrissy (pun intended).

• Options

<< <i>image >>

I watched some of this game. This guy Simms is one of the most pathetic NFL QB's I have ever seen.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    can't wait til the Birds fly south to Tampa .... easy victory
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    It's usually a bad sign when one of your WR's (Galloway) records more tackles in a game than two of your D-linemen (Hovan and McFarland).

But, on a more jovial note-- HOW 'BOUT THEM DEEETROIT LIONS!!
  • Options
    Stalin just listed all his Chris Simms football cards and Jon Gruden memorabilia on ebay. LOL
  • Options
    Joey was last seen wearing his Marino jersey yelling "we won a game we won a game".
  • Options
    With six minutes left in the first half McNabb has already easily surpassed Chrissy "Not That There's Anything Wrong With That" Simms total game passing yardage against the Panthers, and the Eagles RBs have done the same on the ground.

How 'bout that powerhouse NFC South Joey!!!

In other news, the Sucs cheerleading squad, at the instruction of team management is changing their name to the "Smelly Pirate Hookerneers." Bucs team management is concerned with recent ticket sales and wants to increase revenue. Tickets for this week's game were still available on Friday and with the abysmal team record it may only get worse. The newly crowned "Hookerneers" will expand their repertoire, dancing on stages and poles placed on the sidelines. During breaks in the game and at halftime fans will be able to visit a VIP room where lap dances will be available. Details are not available but cost for the VIP room is expected to be a $20 cover charge (2 drink minimum), $10 for a 3 minute dance, with "happy endings" negotiable. The team is also considering a sliding scale fee for this new endeavor depending on the teams record. "We would hate to have to charge less and make these girls no more than crack whores, but at this rate we're going to lose some serious ching this year" stated one Bucs source who asked to remain anonymous but agreed to be referred to as "Pimpin' Chuckie."
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys are being a bit harsh. After all the Bucs did score some points today. image

What do you think? 3-13 record sound about right?

matt
  • Options
    Here are the Bucs backup quarterbacks - Good Grief!!!

Bruce Gradkowski 7
    Position: QB
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 222
    Birthdate: 1/27/1983
    Experience: R
    College: Toledo
    Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
    Acquired: D6a-'06

Tim Rattay 13
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 200
    Birthdate: 3/15/1977
    Experience: 7
    College: Louisiana Tech
    Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
    Acquired: T(SF)-'05

# 13 Tim Rattay
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 200
    Born: 03/15/1977
    College: Louisiana Tech
    NFL Experience: 7

Passing
    Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
    2000 San Francisco 49ers 1 0 1 1 100.0 -4 -4.00 -4 0 0 0/0 0 0 79.2
    2001 San Francisco 49ers 3 0 2 2 100.0 21 10.50 20 0 0 0/0 1 0 110.4
    2002 San Francisco 49ers 4 0 43 26 60.5 232 5.40 27 2 0 5/26 1 0 90.5
    2003 San Francisco 49ers 11 3 118 73 61.9 856 7.25 61 7 2 7/54 11 1 96.6
    2004 San Francisco 49ers 9 9 325 198 60.9 2169 6.67 65 10 10 37/211 19 2 78.1
    2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4 4 97 56 57.7 667 6.88 89 5 6 10/63 6 1 70.3
    2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
    TOTAL 32 16 586 356 60.8 3941 6.73 89 24 18 59/354 38 4 81.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Tough loss today, but I think 13-3 will still get us into the playoffs.

JS

PS..Are the eagles even 1-3 if they started out with the Ravens, Falcons and Panther's?

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    3-0
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>Tough loss today, but I think 13-3 will still get us into the playoffs.

JS

PS..Are the eagles even 1-3 if they started out with the Ravens, Falcons and Panther's? >>

lol yeah the Bucs won't lose in another 13 weeks. Yeah, right!
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

PS..Are the eagles even 1-3 if they started out with the Ravens, Falcons and Panther's? >>

being that it would be impossible to go 1-3 in 3 games I would say no. Maybe 0-3 just like the Bucs image

matt
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>3-0 >>

Who's 3-0? It sure as hell aint the eagles, after choking away a 17 point fourth quarter lead.
  • Options

<< <i>Tough loss today, but I think 13-3 will still get us into the playoffs.

JS

Man, I'm REALLY disappointed in the Bucs fans on these boards. Look- your team is terrible. It hasn't ALWAYS been terrible, and I'm sure better years are just ahead (you do, after all, have a competent head coach and a front office that seems to care about winning), but 2006 is almost surely going to be a total bust. Time to hang it up for the year, toss your hat into the Brady Quinn sweepstakes and see what happens during the 2007 draft (aka 'The Lions Superbowl). Taking lame shots at the Eagles doesn't change the fact that your team, barring some unforseen miracle, is in for one hell of a long season.

As Bucs fans, you should be used to this. It's been a while since you really, really sucked, but you sucked for so long that you should be conditioned to deal with seasons like this. So can the pot shots, put your Caddy jerseys back in the closet, and start hope that Lacavalier and Co. can put on a good show on the ice this winter.
  • Options
    Give up on the season after 3 games?

You must be a lions fan, no?

Real fans don't give up on their team, and they sure as hell don't do so after 3 games. Where's your heart? Where's your pride?

Oh wait. Lions fan. I forgot. You don't have either of those.

• Options

<< <i>Give up on the season after 3 games?

Real fans don't give up on their team, and they sure as hell don't do so after 3 games. Where's your heart? Where's your pride?

Oh wait. Lions fan. I forgot. You don't have either of those. >>

Just cant help yourself from bashing anyone and everyone, can ya DOPE ?
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

Very astute, grasshopper. As a Lions fan I ran out of 'heart and pride' (although I enjoy the quaint little pun which that second term provides us) somewhere between the second year of Mooch's esteemed tenure as our field general and Matthew Millen's $30M contract extension.

In any event, I fail to see how senselessly railing against the Eagles demonstrates 'heart and pride' in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I still hold out hope (however misguided) that the MSU Spartans can cobble together a respectable season, but that doesn't compel me to, say, lash out against the Purdue Boilermakers.

But back to the Bucs. In sum, here are the facts.

1) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have looked dreadful thus far. Is it possible they'll enjoy some kind of mid-season renaissance, and backdoor their way into the playoffs at 9-7? Sure-- I guess it's possible. But only a madman would color the Bucs' prospects for the remainder of the 2006 campaign as rosy.

2) Simms may be out for the season, which puts either Rattay or that Polish guy behind center. As bad as Simms has been it's unlikely that either of these players will be an upgrade.

3) The Bucs play in what may be the first or second toughest division in football, which means they won't be able to feast on any cupcakes twice a year and thusly pad their record.

Some years an otherwise good team just plays terribly. Who can explain it? It's just one of the perversities of pro football. Look at the Pats five years ago, or the Panthers two years ago. It's a short season, and anything can happen. When, for whatever reason, your team suddenly finds itself on the short end of the variance curve then it's time to gracefully acquiesce and hope for a better season the following year. Ignoring the facts, or diverting your attentions towards grousing about other teams, is both petty and beneath the sensibilities of any sophisticated sports fan.

• Options

<< <i>
    But back to the Bucs. In sum, here are the facts.

1) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have looked dreadful thus far. Is it possible they'll enjoy some kind of mid-season renaissance, and backdoor their way into the playoffs at 9-7? Sure-- I guess it's possible. But only a madman would color the Bucs' prospects for the remainder of the 2006 campaign as rosy.
    >>

Dreadful? While weeks one and two were abysmal, today's effort was quite solid, sans the defense letting that last field goal effort. Steve Smith was back, had a solid day, and the Bucs were in it until the end. Sorry that qualifies it as 'dreadful' for you.

<< <i>2) Simms may be out for the season, which puts either Rattay or that Polish guy behind center. As bad as Simms has been it's unlikely that either of these players will be an upgrade.
    >>

And the Bucs have a week 4 bye, which gives either of the backups 2 solid weeks with the starters...and who knows what will happen.

<< <i>3) The Bucs play in what may be the first or second toughest division in football, which means they won't be able to feast on any cupcakes twice a year and thusly pad their record.
    >>

Division games make up 6 of 16 games, and, by virtue of winning 11 games and the division last year, means they have a tough schedule. I don't know a Bucs fan who hasn't mentioned how tough
    the schedule is.

<< <i>Some years an otherwise good team just plays terribly. Who can explain it? It's just one of the perversities of pro football. Look at the Pats five years ago, or the Panthers two years ago. It's a short season, and anything can happen. When, for whatever reason, your team suddenly finds itself on the short end of the variance curve then it's time to gracefully acquiesce and hope for a better season the following year. Ignoring the facts, or diverting your attentions towards grousing about other teams, is petty and beneath the sensibilities of any sophisticated sports fan. >>

But what you are suggesting is absolutely and positively foolish. Abandoning a team after 3 weeks of a 16 game season speaks volumes about who you are. It speaks that you must obviously not be a football fan, or fan of any team, really, if you think that giving up after 3 games is an alternative.

• Options
    The Bucs are done. Stick a fork in 'em.
  • Options

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. Although your post is interesting in that you make two points in one sentence-- one of which I completely disagree with, and one which I concede is likely true.

1) Whether or not I 'abandon' my team after three weeks of play says nothing meaningful about 'who I am as a person'. How I treat my wife and son stands as my testimony to that.

2) However, whether I give up on a season three weeks in probably does say something about me as a fan, because, in the final analysis, I'm really not all that emotionally committed to the outcome of a sporting event that pits millionares who play in my city against millionares who play in yours.

The reason you so frequently come off as juvenile and foolish, Axtell, is because you refuse to acknowledge the central tenant of fandom, which is, simply stated, that all fandom is essentially an irrational exercise. Why do you root for the Bucs? Or the Mariners? Because you 'liked' Griffey, or Sapp, or John Lynch? And if this is true, what is it about these players that distinguished them from other players in their respective leagues? And, furthermore, why did you continue to root for these teams after the players that first attracted you to them had left? If you dig deep enough you must concede that one's affinity for any team in which one has no personal or financial interest (i.e., you don't have a friend or family member on the team, and you don't own part of the team or work for them) can only be considered an irrational preference.

So people root for the Yankees. Who cares? Or, to touch on one of your precious themes, so people jump on the Yankees bandwagon. Again, who cares? None of it makes any 'sense', at least not in the traditional way in which we use the term. Arguing about which sports team is better (and I don't mean 'better' as it relates to current or past performance, but rather as how it relates to the native attributes of the team) is like getting flying p*ssed off in an argument about which rock band is 'better', or which girl is hotter.

If the Yankees have a high payroll, and are therefore 'expected' to win, then why should this fact preclude people from rooting for them? Frito Lay has more money to spend on advertising then other chip companies, and are 'expected' to sell more chips then, say, Better Made or Jay's, so does that mean that people who enjoy Frito Lay products are morally inferior? You can't make any sense of preference, Axtell. This is something which most people seem to understand a priori, and although you apparently weren't bestowed with this piece of the cognitive puzzle while in the womb it's still not to late to claim it.

• Options
    Boo

You are missing the point, Axtell, Commieboy and Skippy know everything. You and the rest of us know nothing and only they know what a real fan is.

If you ask them any question that they can't answer or if the answer makes them or their team look bad, they will ignore the question and start attacking personally and then claim "victory".

The oddest thing is that they are all "Tampa Bay" fan, makes you wonder if the three of them are dillusional or just the same person
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options

Your a Mariners fan. After they went kerplunk(as usual) you virtually stopped posting about them. As it seems at this point, a similiar occurence will happen with your frequency of Buks posts/threads.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    boop-

I wasn't making a judgement about you as a person, simply stating that if you are willing to give up after 3 weeks, it tells me you aren't much into sports.

As far as the bandwagon riding goes, it's funny to see these so-called 'lifelong' fans come out of the woodwork when the yankees are doing well, otherwise there's no mention. Its the same with any sport; I laughed when I saw university of texas hats on people around here after they beat USC; I laughed when I saw people with brand new detroit tigers hats on this summer. I laugh at those who have so little emotionally invested into a team that they can switch allegiances depending who is in first place.

• Options
    The same Yankee fans on here now(well, the majority) were here when the Yankees were "down and out" before the season began and during the Yankees clawing back into yet another division title. YOU disapear when your team(Mariners/Buks) begin to stink up the joint, and then you just post continually on NY topics. You're the one we laugh at.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>boop-

I wasn't making a judgement about you as a person, simply stating that if you are willing to give up after 3 weeks, it tells me you aren't much into sports.

As far as the bandwagon riding goes, it's funny to see these so-called 'lifelong' fans come out of the woodwork when the yankees are doing well, otherwise there's no mention. Its the same with any sport; I laughed when I saw university of texas hats on people around here after they beat USC; I laughed when I saw people with brand new detroit tigers hats on this summer. I laugh at those who have so little emotionally invested into a team that they can switch allegiances depending who is in first place. >>

And those of us that have been following the Yankees for 20+ yrs. LAUGH at your simple minded nonsense about hopping a bandwagon.

DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra