Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

High End Registry Cards on eBay - Problems?

Hi Guys,

I'm just curious if anyone else has had problems selling off high end registry cards on eBay?

I've been buying and selling under the same name (Outerbankyank) and email address or over 7 years. Recently, I starting selling off 72 Topps from my former #1 set on the registry. As of last night, I get an email from eBay stating that my auctions were being cancelled and that I needed to PROVE ownership for the sake of the "integrity and security of the eBay community". Never mind the fact that the previous 3 weeks had similar auctions and that all transactions but 1 have been completed - and all completed transactions were rewarded with positive feedback.

Yes - the dollar amount was higher than what I have normally sold in the past - because I'm selling cards that I have been upgrading for 7 years.

My first thought was Spoof. But, after checking - auctions were gone and all messages were coming through eBay message center.
So, it is legit.

Has anyone else run into this kind of BS????

Frank

Frank Bakka
Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
outerbankyank on eBay!

Comments

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    I've admired your sets for years! I hope when u straighten-out this mess with ebay, u will be able to re-list them again, without having to "re-do" them all, "starting from scratch"?

...as I had a whole bunch of listings with "1/1" in the title, ...and ebay pulled them all, and did not give me the chance to simply correct or take off the "1/1" in the title.

So I had to re-write all those listings over again, from scratch! What a pain!

Maybe it is because you had only 7,090 positive feedbacks and wow! And just 1 negative feedback in over 7 years, ...ebay in their wisdom, thought you to be a high risk? image What a bunch of cr@p ebay can pull!

Good luck Frank, not if u will straighten out this mess, but when?

rd
  • Options
    Did they at least refund your listing fees?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    You should immediately apply for Power-Seller status (due to your recent sales volume you'll definitely get Gold, maybe Platinum). Powersellers get a direct, no waiting, talk-to-a-real-person phone number that will allow you to get to the bottom of this.

eBay is so full of crap sometimes. It's almost impossibe to get the real criminals and cheats kicked off, but they'll pull the plug on honest transactions in a heartbeat.

As stated in the previous post, they do have problems with 1/1 listings. I also had some auctions shut down last year because I had text along the lines of "send me your want list" - they were right to shut those down as I was trying to generate business outside eBay that would avoid their ever-rising fees.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>You should immediately apply for Power-Seller status (due to your recent sales volume you'll definitely get Gold, maybe Platinum). Powersellers get a direct, no waiting, talk-to-a-real-person phone number that will allow you to get to the bottom of this. >>

I don't think you can apply for this, they just give it to you when your sales numbers warrant it. If they don't, you are not eligible. They gave it to me without asking about two years ago, then when I stopped selling for a few months, they took it away - only to give it back as soon as I resumed selling.

Frank's problem here goes beyond this anyway - it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You should immediately apply for Power-Seller status (due to your recent sales volume you'll definitely get Gold, maybe Platinum). Powersellers get a direct, no waiting, talk-to-a-real-person phone number that will allow you to get to the bottom of this. >>

I don't think you can apply for this, they just give it to you when your sales numbers warrant it. If they don't, you are not eligible. They gave it to me without asking about two years ago, then when I stopped selling for a few months, they took it away - only to give it back as soon as I resumed selling. >>

I think they review it on a monthly basis, but I know there's a link to check to see if you're eligible - it might just tell you you're eligible and not give immediate rights... I don't know for sure.

What I do know is that Power Sellers get access to phone numbers the general eBay population doesn't get.
  • Options
    Frank you have to change your password for the E-bay account. Your E-bay might have been hijacked. Somebody highjacked my account once so I had to Change my E-bay Password. I hope this helps you out.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Slabbed,

Doesn't look like my eBay account has been hijacked. Everything is coming from official eBay channels. And nothing has been bought or sold on the account that I haven't handled.

Although Jim Vitale received a Second Chance offer on the PSA 10 Mays that I sold a few weeks back stating that the high bidder didn't take it - which is not true. But, the spoofmail came from "EBay Warehouse" and not from my account. Maybe thats causing some of the problems - I don't know.

Well - tomorrow is Monday and I'll be on the phone trying to talk to someone ASAP.

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Never heard of this problem. They pulled my auctions recently because I had in my description that I can take "Well concealed cash" as a payment option even though I've had that in there for the last 7 years. Stupid thing was that I had it in all my auctions and they only cancelled half of them. Ebay's got a gold mine for a business but they are starting to run it like idiots with the rising fees and crap like this. They raised the Ebay stores insertion fees 250% in one shot. Smart business move. I had my inventory all ready to go and then I nixed the whole project. That's the equivelent of gasoline going to $6 a gallon tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    These problems are arising because other ebay users are reporting you. Both the original poster and the cash problems are not ebay originated, but rather someone who thought there was something out of place or not correct with your auctions... Unfortunatly ebay doe not do an investigation first, they just cancel them..
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ