Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

new 1935 goudey variation

Wow, looks like PSA was really on top of this grading. Check this out, the players first names are handwritten on to the card and the card gets graded as PSA 3 with no "MK" designation............pretty shoddy grading work

http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-GOUDEY-4-IN-1-WANER-HOYT-WANER-BUSH-PSA-3_W0QQitemZ190034153136QQihZ009QQcategoryZ86843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    you sure those names aren't written on the slab?image

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Every step in the grading process is focused on accuracy, customer protection and customer satisfaction.

1. Security
    Highly trained security personnel and state-of-the-art security systems protect your collectibles from the time they arrive at PSA until they are returned to you. While on our premises, they are covered by liability insurance.

2. Receiving
    Your package is logged into our computer network even before it's opened. Your submissions are then checked for accuracy, assigned unique tracking numbers and placed in generic packaging to ensure anonymity as they enter the grading room.

3. The Grading Room
    Here the world's most knowledgeable graders work in a controlled environment that provides optimal conditions for authenticating and studying the characteristics and physical condition of each submission.

4. Card Encapsulation
    Once graded each collectible is sonically sealed inside a protective, tamper-evident PSA holder with a tagged label that shows its certification number, manufacturer, grade, date, unique bar code and player's name.

5. Final Verification
    As a final quality control check, a "verifying" grader carefully examines the encapsulated item to ensure the integrity of the sealed capsule and to check the accuracy of all certification information.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    It looks like they missed steps 3, 4 and 5
  • Options
    If PSA is smart they will win that auction at any cost and destoy the card and holder when they receive it.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I think it's already been established that they're not.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm not sure if this applied, but I believe that you can ask not to have qualifiers on your cards. MK is a qualifier. If you ask for this, instead of adding a qualifier they mark it down two extra grades (I.E. a PSA 5 MK would be a PSA 3).

Paul H.
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Nope. No qualifiers is basically for centering, and it's not necessarily 2 grades- it's whatever the centering tolerance is for a given grade. No way can you escape a qualifier for mk, unless, like this card, you get Stevie Wonder for a grader.
    So much for the 3 grader review- this had to be 1 and out.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Yes, I have seen T206 cards that are graded PSA 1 (MK). If there is any type of marking on the card it gets an MK qualifier, regardless of the grade.... let me rephrase.... it is supposed to get an MK qualifier.

... at least that is what I have always seen and understood the rule to be
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I have about six or so graded PSA 1mk in my Tip Top Bread set. The qualifier can not be waived. This is a classic example of one grader looking at the card and not three as PSA claims. I think I would buy the card and take it off the market if that was my company.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Thanks! I stand corrected!

I have never sent in a card with a mark on it, only cards that were off center or miscut - and they always waived the qualifiers for me if I asked. Generally, I don't mind qualifers on nice cards - a PSA 9OC says a lot more about a card than PSA 7 does. And I absolutely agree that marks should ALWAYS get the MK.

Paul H.
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com