Home Sports Talk
Options

Rex Grossman ....

Highest QB rating in the legaue through 2 weeks. Will it continue? Will he stay healthy?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Highest QB rating in the legaue through 2 weeks. Will it continue? Will he stay healthy? >>

If you got him in your fantasy football league, TRADE HIM.

He won't keep it up, the bears are too talented on defense to need to put up that many points, and his trade value will never be higher.

Deal him if you got him.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I just claimed him off of waivers and since I had Jake Plummer and Cris Simms I guess it couldn't get much worse.
    Travis
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    If he stays healthy he looks like he'll be a good QB. He's got an arm and has made good decisions so far.

Its amazing that when a QB can throw the ball the recievers suddenly look 100x better.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's definitely a smart kid and a tough kid. I remember when the Bears drafted him in the first round I think it was at around 15 or so, if the Bears hadn't drafted him I think he would have fell out of the first round. The Bears were just so despereate for a quarterback and at that time there was nothing else.

I had strong doubts about Grossman making it in the NFL because he is so sloooow. No one could have foreseen all his injuries, but it looks like if he can get the right protection, he can be a viable quarterback in the NFL. Not a bad combination if the Bears continue with their dominating defense. No surprise, after all Lovie Smith was a defensive coach and is building a team around a strong defense with an adequate offense - in which this configuration can win a Super Bowl.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    He has played the Lions and the Packers...Im not ready to call him Terry Bradshaw just yet! If he goes up to Minny, and lights it
    up then I might start talking about this guy, but its a long season!

JS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    QB Ratings mean squat. Heck, Carr leads the AFC with a 123.7 image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>He has played the Lions and the Packers...Im not ready to call him Terry Bradshaw just yet! If he goes up to Minny, and lights it

JS >>

Who said anything about Terry Bradshaw?

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He has played the Lions and the Packers...Im not ready to call him Terry Bradshaw just yet! If he goes up to Minny, and lights it

JS >>

image >>

Don't mind him, zef. He's still reeling from his team averaging a mighty 1.5 pts per game image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    And the texans are still reeling from being 0-2.

• Options

<< <i>My bandwagon team is 0-2, averaging 1.5 points a game, and have yet to score a TD.

image >>

Fixed image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

JS >>

image >>

Don't mind Stalin - he probably thinks Chris Simms is the next Otto Graham. image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I am sorry I sold the Grossman autos I had during one of his lost seasons - now is the time to sell them. And, fast...
  • Options
    He will NOT be a factor in Minnesota, the Defense will be the factor. Grossman will pass for around 125 no tds and 2 picks!

Vikings 16 Bears 13
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My bandwagon team is 0-2, averaging 1.5 points a game, and have yet to score a TD.

image >>

Fixed image >>

You're such an idiot...ksteel had 1000 times the talent of 'fixing' posts that you do, and he had very, very little.

My 'bandwagon' team? This coming from a guy who's been following a team for all of FOUR years?

Isn't it time for you to go play hopscotch on the freeway, troll?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for the first Simms' TD pass. Vegas still has the O/U set at Week 5!

Bucs suck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Still waiting for the first Simms' TD pass. Vegas still has the O/U set at Week 5!

Bucs suck! >>

What's this have to do with Grossman?

Quite derailing the thread.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's this have to do with Grossman?

Quite derailing the thread.

OK, Grossman's a solid QB on a super team......and....Bucs still suck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote-

what teams do you even root for? Whichever one is in first place?

That's what I thought, bandwagoner.
  • Options

<< <i>You're such an idiot...ksteel had 1000 times the talent of 'fixing' posts that you do, and he had very, very little. >>

DOPE!

<< <i>My 'bandwagon' team? This coming from a guy who's been following a team for all of FOUR years? >>

Getting a little desperate aren't you? The team has only been around for FOUR years, dope. After the Oilers left, I didn't pull a Tinkerbell and become a bandwagoner.

<< <i>Isn't it time for you to go play hopscotch on the freeway, troll? >>

DOPE!
  • Options
    Stown-

it's funny to see you reduced to simply quoting others' posts and not offering anything of your own to add.

But then, when you follow a franchise as tragically inept as the texans, you obviously have some screws loose.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Grossman's a solid QB. But the bottom line is that a team built like the Bears will never have a QB that lights it up for 16 games. They are a smashmouth team that wins with defense and an offense that simply avoids turnovers and bad decisions.

I'd think he's trade bait now. Even if he's a very good QB I don't think he'll put up gaudy numbers because he doesn't *need* to on this Bears team.
  • Options

<< <i>Stown-

it's funny to see you reduced to simply quoting others' posts and not offering anything of your own to add.

But then, when you follow a franchise as tragically inept as the texans, you obviously have some screws loose. >>

It's called being a true fan of your home town team.

But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh bandwagoner?

• Options
    If you were a REAL fan you'd be rooting for the titans...don't give up on a team simply because they moved. But then it shows you had no real feelings for the Oilers, and felt greener pastures were in store with the texans.

Guess you missed that boat, huh bandwagon boy?

Bandwagoner? This coming from a guy who gave up on his supposed home town team looking for happier days? I bet you hated it when the Titans made the super bowl, didn't you sparky?
  • Options

<< <i>If you were a REAL fan you'd be rooting for the titans...don't give up on a team simply because they moved. But then it shows you had no real feelings for the Oilers, and felt greener pastures were in store with the texans.

Bandwagoner? This coming from a guy who gave up on his supposed home town team looking for happier days? I bet you hated it when the Titans made the super bowl, didn't you sparky? >>

Are you really that stupid? Seriously, are you? I mean, do you even read what you type?

Yeah, the Rams, Colts, Cards, Raiders, etc still have a strong following from their previous cities.

Right............

And greener pastures? Yeah, Reliant Stadium is a dump image

Bandwagoning dope.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Yeah, the Rams, Colts, Cards, Raiders, etc still have a strong following from their previous cities.
    >>

Why don't you go down to LA and see how many Raider fans you find there, idiot.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

Why don't you go down to LA and see how many Raider fans you find there, idiot. >>

Thank you for showing everyone your feeble mind.

Bravo, Tinkerbelll image
  • Options
    Last time I checked, moron, LA was the previous home of the raiders.

So, using logic (something I know that's foreign to you), checking LA for raider fans (a la your 'previous cities' quote) would prove your assertion to be false, as there are countless raider fans in LA.

I know reason isn't your strong suit (hell, you're a texans fan), but this should be easy even for you.
  • Options
    Fellas,

I actually wanted this to be a thread about Rex and sit related to Rex. Go question your faith and bandwagoning eleswhere. I've been a Bears fan for 29 years and I actually am interested in the responses people have to the topic posted.

That being said, the guy who said Vikes 16 Bears 13 is a MORON!

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Last time I checked, moron, LA was the previous home of the raiders.

So, using logic (something I know that's foreign to you), checking LA for raider fans (a la your 'previous cities' quote) would prove your assertion to be false, as there are countless raider fans in LA.

I know reason isn't your strong suit (hell, you're a texans fan), but this should be easy even for you. >>

Tinkerbell continues to show her feeble mind.

Again, using your logic, EVERYONE in LA who was a fan of the Raiders still is and the same with the Rams. Baltimore still loves the Colts while Chicago and STL's fans are still cheering on the Cards.

DOPE!

Enjoy watching your bandwagon team by yourself, Tinkerbell image

Edited to add: Don't worry, Zef, I won't respond to Tinkerbell's flawed and idiotic logic on this thread anymore image
  • Options
    I never said EVERYONE in LA, stownie, you mindless clown.

Grossman's had a solid year, but based on his fragile past, I don't see him lasting a whole year. Good thing they have a reliable backup unlike past years.
  • Options

<< <i>If you were a REAL fan you'd be rooting for the titans...don't give up on a team simply because they moved. But then it shows you had no real feelings for the Oilers, and felt greener pastures were in store with the texans.

Bandwagoner? This coming from a guy who gave up on his supposed home town team looking for happier days? I bet you hated it when the Titans made the super bowl, didn't you sparky? >>

Interesting theory -

So this means that Baltimore residents should like the Colts, those in Cleveland should pull for the Ravens, Houston the Titans, LA the Rams, St. Louis the Cards, and so on.

So where are the fans of the present Browns, Texans, etc? Teams that were created to replace those who moved.

What about the Raiders? A really confused bunch there. "They moved, we're still fans, but are we still fans when they move back?!?!" Are those in LA fans for both the Rams and Raiders since they lost two teams?

How about this? In the 60s or 70s the Rams and Colts owners traded teams. Jesus if we add that into the equation the NFL will implode!!!!!

An absolutely absurd notion, but not surprising considering the author. Another experiment maybe?

Fans pull for their home team. The team there at the moment. Talk to people in Baltimore. Many despise the Colts because of how Irsay moved the team in the middle of the night.

Real fans take their loyalty with them wherever they go. They grow up in one city and never leave those teams behind when they move.

Hard for you to comprehend, but it's proven. You see it here time and time again despite your efforts to skew the common belief with your own wishes and desires.

Go buy some Niners tickets, or maybe you should be the Titans fan with your connection to the Tennessee hills. Right Jethro?
  • Options

<< <i>Fellas,

I actually wanted this to be a thread about Rex and sit related to Rex. Go question your faith and bandwagoning eleswhere. I've been a Bears fan for 29 years and I actually am interested in the responses people have to the topic posted.

That being said, the guy who said Vikes 16 Bears 13 is a MORON!

image >>

I looked pretty dang smart with 2:30 left to play though didnt I image

Am I speaking Chinese?