Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MS69 FRANKLIN 1957- IS THIS A MISTAKE?

I am a new collector of MS Franklin Halves, and I am amazed that PCGS has NEVER graded a single MS Franklin Half in 68(Either FBL or NonFBL), and MS67's are almost impossible to make (only a grand total of 84 have been graded in ALL DATES/MINT MARKS by PCGS), yet somehow PCGS has given an MS69 grade to ONE LITTLE FRANKLIN. Are you kidding me!!! SHOW ME THE COIN(MONEY)!!!!!
Daniel D. Biddle
Paris, KY.

Comments

• Options
    Obviously it's a mistake (pf in ms holder). Same with the ms69 68-s nickel (Clackamas owns it, it's a proof) and the ms68 71-s cent.
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    I've got a MS Lincoln in CAMEO! Might be a proofimage.

Badger
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    The "graders" at PCGS are held to a very high standard by collectors of PCGS graded coins.
    If this coin is indeed a proof, as the nickel and cent are, how can these "mistakes" be made? Any why are they not corrected?
    How can ALL of the graders MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE?
    These guys should not make these kind of mistakes.
    If the do, (and have), someone needs to be held accountable, IMHO!!!
    Danny
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "If this coin is indeed a proof, as the nickel and cent are, how can these "mistakes" be made? Any why are they not corrected?"

It's not the graders, it's the staff that makes up the certs and enters the information into the database.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    These are mechanical errors & if resubmitted, I believe, would be put in a correctly labelled holder for free.
    It's just that the owners don't want to send them in.
    That's OK with me as long as they don't take advantage of this by putting the coins in their registry set (if they have one).