Home Sports Talk
Options

The Phillies are going to the Series

yup
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations. Which series we talking about? More than one? This year you mean, right?
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    WSOP?

They clearly have the momentum and may have the edge over the Mets since NY has been on cruise control since about mid May.
    Travis
  • Options
    As an Allentownian displaced at NYU and surrounded by Yanks and Mets fans, I completely agree. Go Phils!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ny ny world series againimage
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>ny ny world series againimage >>

SSSSHHHH....someone around here might have an aneurysm if you say that too loud.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    ny ny world series again

It's destiny, man. We want a rematch!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i> ny ny world series again

It's destiny, man. We want a rematch!! >>

Maybe youll have a chance this time around if El Duque can pitch 3 games of the series image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    SSSSHHHH....someone around here might have an aneurysm if you say that too loud. >>

image Now thats the truth man.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Phillies are going to the Series >>

I bet they paid dearly for those seats.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dam right we are!

Go Phillies!!!!!
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    If we make the playoffs there is no doubt in my mind.

So...YES we are going to the WS.

aconte
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How is the entire Phillie team going to get that many WS tickets? Somebody better show Ryan Howard how to use stubhub.com...
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    a few creative answers here image

• Options
    At this moment, both the Mets and the Dodgers are playing flat while the Phillies are hungry and confident. If the Mets stay complacent, the Phillies fans might be right. This is where we'll see if Willie Randolf has what it takes to get the Mets going again - and if they are to eventually face the Yankees, they'd better have it all working!
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Phils got better pitching than the other NL playoff teams .... just need to make the playoffs to advance to the dance
  • Options
    Phillies fans are ALWAYS right and you people here who are non-Phillies fans better start to learn that right now!
  • Options
    Okay, okay...we aren't always right, but sometimes we are right!
  • Options
    Okay so actually we're never right but this season that's gonna change.

Go Phillies!!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone but the Yankees!
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    mets have the best bullpen! and the best lineup! no worries here. plus i think the sillies miss out by 1 game.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>mets have the best bullpen! and the best lineup! no worries here. plus i think the sillies miss out by 1 game. >>

Calling us the "sillies" - Now we're mad. We ARE going to make the playoffs and if we "meet the Mets" in the playoffs we ARE going to beat the Mets.

Go Phillies!!!!!
  • Options
    The Phillies are a great story (dumping Abreu and actually getting better, gotta love it) but they really have no chance should they face the Mets.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Phils are just killling it right now! Chuck has them hitting AND pitching. Pedro is broken down, so the Mets are in trouble. Met
    fan wants no part of three headed monster, Burrell, Utley and Howard. Hamels can shut out the Mets.

Philly fan is hungry for this one. To say we have hit a dry spell, is and understatment. This is the year. Philly fan has to have something
    to do while the Eagles are stinking it up in October!

JS

PS...Funny, Marlin fan is nowhere to be seen!
  • Options

<< <i>The Phils are just killling it right now! Chuck has them hitting AND pitching. Pedro is broken down, so the Mets are in trouble. Met
    fan wants no part of three headed monster, Burrell, Utley and Howard. Hamels can shut out the Mets.

Philly fan is hungry for this one. To say we have hit a dry spell, is and understatment. This is the year. Philly fan has to have something

JS

PS...Funny, Marlin fan is nowhere to be seen! >>

You have been traded to the Devil Rays Fan Club.

Thanks for your patronage. Good luck next season.

Sincerely,

Philadelphia
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    BILLY WAGNER VS tom gordon image nuff said! silly sillies fans
  • Options
    After my Phils win the World Series, then I will demand an apology here from anyone who called them the sillies.

Go Phillies!!!!!
  • Options
    The Phillies are going to make pets out of the Mets. Ha!

Okay, it was all I could think of. image
  • Options
    The Mets will make hillbillies out of them Phillies, yee-haw!! image

• Options

<< <i>Hamels can shut out the Mets >>

Okay, then what? Is he going to pitch 4 games in a row? If not, who else are the Phillies going to counter with?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'm still bitter about '80, so up yours.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still bitter about '80, so up yours.

image >>

Now that was a great series with the Phils and Astros.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone but the Yankees! >>

Can't say much more than that.

Go Phillies!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The Phils are just killling it right now! Chuck has them hitting AND pitching. Pedro is broken down, so the Mets are in trouble. Met

JS

PS...Funny, Marlin fan is nowhere to be seen! >>

You have been traded to the Devil Rays Fan Club.

Thanks for your patronage. Good luck next season.

Sincerely,

Philadelphia >>

Agreed. Please leave the bandwagon. It's large enough without non Pennsylanian's. We've been waiting too long, don't ruin this for us.

-Ian
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BILLY WAGNER VS tom gordon >>

Wagner will choke. Bank on it!

aconte