Home Sports Talk
Options

guess A rod isn't too popular with his teammates, either..

2»

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Key Factors: Cheated baseball by taking roids. Dirty player forever in my eyes regardless of what he does... >>

Made even funnier now that I see the Moss pic in your sig... Now THERE is a role model for us all.. >>

Did moss take perfoming inhancing drugs, Must of missed that right up...

Jason cheated baseball, to bad he still gets to play and make money, funny you were most likely one of those fans that called for his throat when he was batting .100 something last year and wouldn't go to the minors. That oversized monkey should worry about his game. He can use help in the average area..
  • Options

<< <i>Did moss take perfoming inhancing drugs, Must of missed that right up... >>

No, he simply assaulted a police officer, with his vehicle, while high on ILLEGAL drugs...

ETA - Too bad he's still gets to play football and make money.
  • Options

<< <i>"I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, [and] I make the most money.."

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me.

image >>

Figured this would come in handy again someday.

• Options
    GOOD LOOKING !?!?!?!?! Who on earth says something like that about themself? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for one. From one man's perspective, he is way to feminine looking. He looks like a latin gay Michael Jackson. I could see how he rubs people the wrong way.

As for Giambi !?!?!?!?! This guy is so ugly and stupid that maybe Arod does have a point. He just needs to do the world a favor and keep his mouth shut. His words simply have no credence.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>GOOD LOOKING !?!?!?!?! Who on earth says something like that about themself? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for one. From one man's perspective, he is way to feminine looking. He looks like a latin gay Michael Jackson. I could see how he rubs people the wrong way.

As for Giambi !?!?!?!?! This guy is so ugly and stupid that maybe Arod does have a point. He just needs to do the world a favor and keep his mouth shut. His words simply have no credence. >>

Skin...maybe this is a big time insight as to what I have been saying about Arod all along. I tried to get my point across all year that what I was saying and felt had nothing to do with his playing. Not trying to toot my own horn, but everything I said about this guys character and makeup was dead on...he is a self centered, self absorbed phony. One thing Ny'ers can pick out in a second is a fake, and this guy reeks of it. From the good looking stuff, to the denial over anything he was going through, to so many other things he shows what his makeup is.

Some people here are saying all will be forgiven if he has a monster postseason and helps them win. I will go on record right now by saying I dont care if he hits .800 in the postseason and they win it all, it wont change a thing about how I feel about him.

Also, nothing I am saying is defending Giambi. I have said all along he cheated the game I love, and want him gone.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Bri, your points are well taken regarding your insight on Arod.

I could see him pulling a 'coach Kline' from the WATERBOY, when Kline was wearing those high heels telling his mom on the phone that he didn't get the job.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did moss take perfoming inhancing drugs, Must of missed that right up... >>

No, he simply assaulted a police officer, with his vehicle, while high on ILLEGAL drugs...

ETA - Too bad he's still gets to play football and make money. >>

Please tell me how that incident cheated the game? Or are you like every other ny 'fan' on these boards who feels their team's players can do no wrong, and that everyone else is at fault?

Giambi CHEATED. He used steroids to gain an unnatural advantage on the field. I don't want to hear the crap about 'well everyone else was!' because that's irrelevant. Giambi DIRECTLY affected the outcome of countless games with his cheating, and you want to bash Moss because of an unfortunate off field incident?

As far as the Arod thing, and him being a 'phony' and ny'ers able to spot a phony - well, were was that radar involving cheater giambi? Why have giambi and sheffield not suffered the same anger and hate that Arod has? Why have 2 outed CHEATERS escaped the keen sense that ny'ers supposedly possess?

Arod was dead on right - it is because he's more talented than anyone else; because he makes more money than anyone else. Everyone always wanted to tear down superman, to try and make their own pathetic existences seem not so bad - and that's exactly what those who have been trying to crush Arod have been doing.

It's about time you 'fans' embrace Arod, as he's not going anywhere, he's a good example for your kids, and his work ethic is second to none.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>It's about time you 'fans' embrace Arod, as he's not going anywhere, he's a good example for your kids, and his work ethic is second to none >>

Tough to "embrace" (not surprised you used that word) a rod when you non - yankee fans have your heads so far up his a$$ you can see his tonsils. Keep saying what a great role model he is for kids - you were probably just like him as a kid - moody, whiny, and blamed everyone else for your troubles, pointing their foibles out if you were accused of anything...
  • Options

<< <i>First, it's the post, which is a tabloid rag at best. Second, where does Giambi, a guy who cheated his way to a $100 million payday, get off telling anyone what to or not to do?

Finally, how pathetic is it that dopes like jib want to back a cheater like Giambi, and frown on a truly good guy like Arod? Shows you just how skewed 'values' are to NY fans. >>

quit crying. This has nothing to do with "NY Fans". We don't want Giambi in NY, but we're stuck with him. Atleast he's got heart and comes through during a pennant race. Not just after the pennants been decided(ALA Errod).
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>

It's about time you 'fans' embrace Arod, as he's not going anywhere, he's a good example for your kids, and his work ethic is second to none. >>

According to Don Mattingly, whose work ethic was TRULY second to none, Arod fails to address problems he is having. Instead he chooses to believe nothing is wrong, ignores advice on his swing flaw, and takes jabs at teammates for not being a good looking, bi-racial swingin' cat like himself.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

Hopefully the yankees trade him soon so he can to a team where he'll be appreciated for the great player he is, instead of being constantly attacked by the lesser mortals who surround him. >>

I can guarantee two things this offseason. One, the Yankees will try to shop Arod. Two, Arod will turn down all trades because his ego will not allow him to be the guy who couldnt hack it in NY.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Really, Arod takes jabs at teammates?

Wasn't it juice boy who came out swinging at Arod in that article? The same cheating doper who apparently you prefer to have on the team over Arod?

I doubt Arod would decline a trade. Any team that can afford his salary will be a franchise able to win, so he'd gladly get out of a place where he's unfairly singled out, and go to a place he's embraced.

He couldn't hack it? Hah, did you already forget about his 2005 MVP campaign? DOPE.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Yanks are going to find it tough to trade him, of course. I read a trade rumor with the Angels, where the Yanks would be looking for the absolute moon back for A-Rod (Ervin Santana, Chone Figgins, Scott Shields, and one other player I can't recall). Not to mention the Angels then have to pay his $25 million dollar annual salary (or whatever it is). I am not sure any team is going to be willing to make such a trade for any one single player, no matter who he is.
  • Options

<< <i>Really, Arod takes jabs at teammates?

Wasn't it juice boy who came out swinging at Arod in that article? The same cheating doper who apparently you prefer to have on the team over Arod?

I doubt Arod would decline a trade. Any team that can afford his salary will be a franchise able to win, so he'd gladly get out of a place where he's unfairly singled out, and go to a place he's embraced.

He couldn't hack it? Hah, did you already forget about his 2005 MVP campaign? DOPE. >>

Go read DOPE...and I love how your new favorite word is DOPE since I began using it against you.....I have said 1000 times I want Giambi gone. But, what Giambi did was tough love, out of caring for Arod, and most importantly, the team. What Arod did is entirely different. Nothing he said was constructive for the team. He didnt say, well, I see something bothering this with this guy, and here is what he can do to help himself and the team. He flat out used other players as a deflection against his own shortcomings.

And I didnt forget the 2005 campaign. It was the year he piled up meaningless numbers ( which I know you dont understand because your team never wins, and when winning matters and you experience it you will know ) AND the year he failed in the moments it mattered most, the postseason.

And YES, 100% Arod will decline any and all trades. His ego ( and a fragile one at that ) will not allow it. It is being talked about non stop, and there is ZERO chance he would allow it. No way, no how, no chance. He will ignore all else to save his image and ego.

BTW....

DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Let's not forget people that the Yankees are paying only 15 million for Errod's services. Now, that is still a huge sum, but honestly to trade for A-Rod some team will have to give up SO much that the Yankees will be glad to take it. Honestly, I believe he'll stay. He's shown he can get it done in certain situations. Albeit the majority of those situations is unimportant. He doesn't want to play anywhere else and the Yankees sure as heck don't want to deal him away and have ARod return to his form pre Yankee; with a postseason like ARod on the Mariners verus the Yankees. In my mind as much as I don't like him, I'd rather see him in Pinstripes rather than not. He doesn't cost that much and he's someone you never want to face.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Any team that can afford his salary will be a franchise able to win,

Able to, yes. but history says no.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, [and] I make the most money.."

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me.

image >>

Figured this would come in handy again someday.

image >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts