Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

True View Trade Dollar

Just got the pic for my 1877. This is the one that I tried many times for gem and finally gave up. The new owner had better luck and I had to buy my old coin back.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    That's a weird cert number.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you sold it and bought it back after it upgraded? That would be frustrating.

Awesome coin!
    Doug
  • Options
    Nice pic and coin. That is a very cool cert number, lol.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    " This is the one that I tried many times for gem and finally gave up. The new owner had better luck and I had to buy my old coin back."

That must hurt; nice coin though.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    sweet

but the end result is truly painless and very pleasing
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
    If you liked the coin so much, you should've kept it regardless of what the holder say.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you liked the coin so much, you should've kept it regardless of what the holder say. >>

If I did that, I'd have a million dollars in duplicates! image
  • Options
    a039a039 Posts: 1,546

5150 When any person, as a result of mental disorder, is a danger
    to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled, a peace
    officer, member of the attending staff, as defined by regulation, of
    an evaluation facility designated by the county, designated members
    of a mobile crisis team provided by Section 5651.7, or other
    professional person designated by the county may, upon probable
    cause, take, or cause to be taken, the person into custody and place
    him or her in a facility designated by the county and approved by the
    State Department of Mental Health as a facility for 72-hour
    treatment and evaluation.

• Options
    TDN,

Glad to hear that you got the coin back. Phil's images are just getting better by the day I think. What is the trick to getting the medium size TrueView images under 50K to post them here? The small ones are a piece of cake to post here...but I can never seem to get the mediums to under 50K. I even tried Photoshop to get the image down but it won't work??? Any hints?

Is PCGS ever going to change the picture capacity to at least 100K? They need to keep up with technology!!!
  • Options
    thats a wow coin if I ever seen one image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options

<< <i>TDN,

Glad to hear that you got the coin back. Phil's images are just getting better by the day I think. What is the trick to getting the medium size TrueView images under 50K to post them here? The small ones are a piece of cake to post here...but I can never seem to get the mediums to under 50K. I even tried Photoshop to get the image down but it won't work??? Any hints?

Is PCGS ever going to change the picture capacity to at least 100K? They need to keep up with technology!!! >>

This image is hosted on the internet, so it can be larger than 50k [it's 195k] . The new Registry software accepts any size image and automatically resizes it! Coming soon...
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

HURTS DONUT??? image
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Tradedollarnut...any idea how many times PCGS saw this coin from the 'new' owner until it upgraded?

That's a beautiful coin, would I be remiss in saying PCGS should have noticed this was the same coin that they had already seen numerous times from yourself?
  • Options

<< <i>Tradedollarnut...any idea how many times PCGS saw this coin from the 'new' owner until it upgraded?

That's a beautiful coin, would I be remiss in saying PCGS should have noticed this was the same coin that they had already seen numerous times from yourself? >>

Nope, no idea. Laura wouldn't even tell me who 'made' it...

I think PCGS remembers real wonder coins, but this doesn't really qualify so I doubt they recognized it.
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Tradedollarnut....Thank You for your response.

I am not familiar enough with Trade dollars to be able to recognize a 'special' looking coin, but to me that sure looks like a special coin

• Options
    Graci' !!!
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice