Home Sports Talk
Options

Did Joe Theismann intentionally snap his leg in half so he could get a job as a broadcaster?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably that and the workman's comp benefits.
  • Options
    I hope not - anyone who gives fantasy advice of...."...bench Larry Johnson...." needs a smack.

Last I looked, LJ put up some nice yardage....O-Line is bad, but the touches will come.....

Back on topic - I just can't get excited about any broadcaster except Kevin Harlan ---- he should have the Monday night gig imo

-dal-
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Back off topic.

I did bench LJ in favor of Jamal Lewis running against the pathetic Raiders. image

Live and learn
    Travis
  • Options
    Thats a lot of pain to get a broadcasting job. But damn I wish i had that hit on video It was one of the all time greatest. You can even hear the snap
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Back on topic - I just can't get excited about any broadcaster except Kevin Harlan ---- he should have the Monday night gig imo >>

Erin Andrews is worth some excitement
  • Options
    I went to the Iowa/Minnesota game here in minny last year and Erin was walking around the barn with the ESPN HD camera crew. She is quite attractive in person too!image
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats a lot of pain to get a broadcasting job. But damn I wish i had that hit on video It was one of the all time greatest. You can even hear the snap >>

I was about 9 years old watching that game live on TV. I've never been the same since, lol.
  • Options
    He can be a bit overbearing, but I can deal with him. I think Lawrence Taylor snapped his limb, so not self inflicted. Perhaps Lawrence was tired of his mouth at the time.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Thats a lot of pain to get a broadcasting job. But damn I wish i had that hit on video It was one of the all time greatest. You can even hear the snap >>

Here ya go....

the hit
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Happy Birthday Joe!
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My question-has there ever been a worse NFL announcer than Theismann? If so, who? Unitas was worse, but was quickly canned.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>My question-has there ever been a worse NFL announcer than Theismann? If so, who? Unitas was worse, but was quickly canned. >>

Tony Kornheiser & Dennis Miller have to be up there.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Birthday Joe! >>

Well Played
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15