Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Here is a 1970 thats looks like FB.

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
I seen this on eBay and it has some good pix's. The bottom bands look all there from what I can tell.

1970 on the bay!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    I just saw that one on ebay right as you posted this thread, lol. This does look like a nice 70-p but I am having a hard time seeing the bottom band.

Zach
  • Options

<< <i>I just saw that one on ebay right as you posted this thread, lol. This does look like a nice 70-p but I am having a hard time seeing the bottom band.

Zach >>

They look all there from what I can tell. This is a better reverse then the MS64FB that was on eBay earlier. I highly doubt that this is 100% FB too, but it appears to be there from the scan, but as you know looks are deceiving. I would really like to see this one, and the 4FB in person.

Its a nice coin, and better IMHO.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it's a full band as well even though it is a mint set coin (no doubt). There
    might be a little weakness near the center on the right or on the left but instinct says
    it's all there.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    IMHO it looks short on the left side, and the bands are a little flat to get the FB from PCGS.
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>IMHO it looks short on the left side, and the bands are a little flat to get the FB from PCGS. >>

That is kind of where I was leaning, but it may the dark picture on the left side also. Hard to say.

Zach
  • Options
    emzeeemzee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    I have in hand the coin in question -- it has good detail at base of torch but is not FB IMO because of weakness/merging of bands at far right, best seen when tilting coin left side down. I think it was sent to PCGS after they started certifying FB. For a nice coin, check out this 1985-D: LINK

I don't know why this coin is not in an ms68fb holder it is truly amazing.

Michael
  • Options

<< <i>I have in hand the coin in question -- it has good detail at base of torch but is not FB IMO because of weakness/merging of bands at far right, best seen when tilting coin left side down. I think it was sent to PCGS after they started certifying FB. For a nice coin, check out this 1985-D: LINK

I don't know why this coin is not in an ms68fb holder it is truly amazing.

Michael >>

The '85-D is a wonderful looking coin for the date, but has what I call a "Flat hair". The hair on Roosevelts head seems round and flat in areas and doesn't come with that crisp sharp lustery hair that many 68's have.

As far as the '70-P, the 66 still looks better then the 4FB to me.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion it is not even close to FB. First of all, i understand they need full rounded bands on the lower torch (especially) to make FB at pcgs. These appear to be very scuffed and with lines crossing the lower band as well as being interupted in a couple of spots. Maybe they would have crossed on day one when they were reviewing existing coins in the registry sets for free but since they really decided how they are going to grade these things, i personally have not seen anything like this make it. Zebini is a top of the tops buy though and I feel it is a nice enough coin at the start price.image
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Nope, not there.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!