Home Stamps Forum
Options

I'm looking to find an old letter between two chemists...

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this is the right forum, but it looks like the best one. At a museum a few weeks ago, I was talking with my dad about how you can buy (relatively easily) correspondences between people where the paper was a prepaid, stamped item (forget what it's called) that could be sealed and sent.

He mentioned that a neat thing for him would be a correspondence of some sort between two chemists. His 50th birthday is coming up in a few months, and I thought a really cool gift would be to find him such a letter--perhaps from around 1900 or before. Does anyone have any information to help locate such an item?

Thanks,

Jeremy
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    Areograms I believe is what you are talking about. Don't know if that was what they were called back in 1900. I don't have a clue where to find such a letter between 2 anybodys. Try asking Early American Auctions.

Jerry
  • Options
    Actually the Grant lettersheet was printed/issued from 1886 to 1894. It was written on, folded and sealed, and was perforated on the ends so it could be opened by the recipient. the Scott Catalog
    # is U293. It might be tough to find something as specific as correspondence between 2 chemists though. I have an old letter from 1895 between to scientists, who experimented with vaccines on animals which is interesting.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually the Grant lettersheet was printed/issued from 1886 to 1894. It was written on, folded and sealed, and was perforated on the ends so it could be opened by the recipient. the Scott Catalog
    # is U293. It might be tough to find something as specific as correspondence between 2 chemists though. I have an old letter from 1895 between to scientists, who experimented with vaccines on animals which is interesting. >>

That letter sounds quite cool! Are there online dealers who have inventories that could be searched to find something like what I'm looking for?
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research