Home Metal Detecting
Options

California Detectors

I'd like to get together a trip to Ballarat Ghost Town up on the southern edge of Death Valley for sometime this fall/winter.

Anyone else up for it? There is a place to camp at the site and the caretaker has no problem with swinging the stick and even keeping what you find.

Here are some pics from my March 2005 trip. I didnt have the DFX then. Went back once since then with minimal success but was focusing solely on coins in the most obvious places. I'd like to put the DFX on relic mode and see what happens.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Desert Rat sound's like a fun trip,let us know more when you plan on doing this and a date and maybe I can come down and do some swinging with you.HH,Tom
  • Options
    Sounds like fun, DR, but I'm stuck in the middle of the state.

I have a cruddy back so I usually don't MD for more than a couple of hours. Most MDers like to go longer than that.
    imageimage
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    I am up near Sacramento and have a 1 year old White that needs breaking in. Love to know the date and be a part of it if I can work the scheduling out. Maybe some of you would be willing to work with me a bit too and teach me a few things on using this machine?

Thanks,

Glenn
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options

<< <i>I am up near Sacramento and have a 1 year old White that needs breaking in. Love to know the date and be a part of it if I can work the scheduling out. Maybe some of you would be willing to work with me a bit too and teach me a few things on using this machine?

Thanks,

Glenn >>

I'm hoping for some experienced detector to come along as well. I'm sure I pass over a bunch of stuff simply for lack of experience.
  • Options
    Hey Desert Rat,

I'm down in Palmdale and can make it up that way in approx 2 hours. I've never been out to Ballarat, altho I do know the Trona/Rdigecrest area fairly well. Let me know when you're thinking of going and I could possibly make it.

Bentfork
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Desert Rat,

I'm down in Palmdale and can make it up that way in approx 2 hours. I've never been out to Ballarat, altho I do know the Trona/Rdigecrest area fairly well. Let me know when you're thinking of going and I could possibly make it.

Bentfork >>

Palmdale eh?

I think I know where that is image
  • Options
    coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    If everyone gets together, please take pictures and share the story for me image

I like this board image
  • Options

<< <i>If everyone gets together, please take pictures and share the story for me image

I like this board image >>