Home Stamps Forum

Should I just spend the sheets of stamps that

I've purchased over the past 15 years or so? I only bought sheets that appealed to me, since I don't have any expertise in stamp collecting...I'm just a bit of a pack-rat (like most collectors). Some are 'plate blocks' , or so I was told - the lower right sheet of stamps out of the entire panel? Also, the lower right 4 stamps out of sheet?

These sheets are just sitting around (well taken care of, however) - I'm thinking that I should probably turn them into cash (sell at face value) or just use them for most of my remaining life.image

Any opinions or suggestions?imageimage
Don't you know that it's worth
every treasure on Earth
to be young at heart?
And as rich as you are,
it's much better by far,
to be young at heart!

Comments

• It sounds like you are going to have fun mixing and matching stamps when you mail something for a long time. A good many of us, and a good many of non stamp related businesses have gobs of just what you described. My favorite is when I mail someone something in a manila envelope. I'll take a whole sheet of 4C or 5C stamps and put it on there. I also poke out the most center stamp and write the address in it! It's fun. The lady at the Post Office loves it.

Don't expect to get anything more than face value if you sell them. Some maybe marketable outside the realm of stamps though. Like some of the American Classic sheets. Have you tried matching any of what you have with what's on eBay? Not much in value unless you have an error. That's always a possibility if you know what to look for.

Jerry
  • Hi Golddustin,

I sent you a private message about this.

Dave N.