Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone here that does NOT have a pinpointer /probe....Winner in last post!

Well as it happens I no longer use or need my Tinytec.
It's a year and a half old but works just fine and is still on it's first battery.
I'm sure someone will appreciate it.

I'm gonna give it away to one of the folks that posts to this thread.
So after a week, I'll throw everyones name in the random number generator and pick the winner.
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    I don't at present, but had thought about getting one. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    I don't have one either... really can't afford one. Oh well, someday!
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Nope. Nada.
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    Ditto that for me.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nope.
  • Options
    Moved to my first post.

HH

imageimage
  • Options
    Thats awesome man. Now I bet a ton of people are going to admit to not having one... lol. Thanks for the giveaway!!!
  • Options
    hey gold rush....i have a pin pointer but used it only once.....saving it for a land hunt if i ever get out of the water......anywho...i like the new icon, that's one hell of a find....hh....dubba
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PghpetePghpete Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    A what? nope
  • Options

<< <i>A what? nope >>

One of these.

imageimage
  • Options
    I got a friend into detecting just a few weeks ago...If the number comes up..I will give him the pin pointer

Thank you GR

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Always wanted one but never bought it. The nearest store that sells them is 100 miles away and I hate buying over the internet.

thanks for the chance!

• Options
    i've seen riccar use his many times. always been jealous over it. would seem like a worthy tool for night hunts.
  • Options

<< <i>i've seen riccar use his many times. always been jealous over it. would seem like a worthy tool for night hunts. >>

It definately shines on the night hunt! Literally.
    This model has a small light on the end of the housing which comes on at the press of a button.

When I was swinging the GTI at night, I could pinpoint my targets so accurately that the Tinytec light was the only one I carried.
    Of course I was in an open park usually..not like I was walking around in the woods.

I don't have the skills yet with my Minelab to do such accurate pinpointing. I would have to have a head lamp now.
    imageimage
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭
    I used LordMs when I went detecting with him..........liked it, but have not been able to pick one up.
    imageimage

• Options
    I'd love to have one! Sadly however, I do not.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    SHWEET!
  • Options
    don't have that....thanks for the chance....
    nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...oh, wise guy huh!!!
  • Options
    Awesom givaway goldrush. I've been thinking about getting into metal detecting and I decided that im gonna pool my upcomming birthday $$ into buying a good metal detector. And this would be an awesom addition. Thanks
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generous of you, John.

I still have a Tinytec, of course, so I'm not signin' up for this giveaway.

But I plan to upgrade to the Sun-Ray like you have. Thanks for the info.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I have one and I tell you what, I would never have been able to locate that teeny tiny nail without it.image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    That would be one handy dandy tool...Thank You for the chance.
  • Options
    Put me in......... and Thanks !
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    I don't have one either.. I did look at getting one before at the mall. A coin store that deals with detectors had
    one for sale. Think it was a Whites one. But was way overpriced. Guess that being in the mall they have to
    pay that high rent so they jack up all the prices. Thank you for the chance for this....
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great addition to the metal detecting toolbelt. Thanks for the chance to own one.
  • Options
    I have never used one but have always wanted one...thanks for the oppurtunity!!
  • Options
    Don't have one, but would love to try one out......thanks for the giveaway~!
  • Options
    I do not have one either, I hope i'm not too late to enter. Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    I'll be picking the winner Saturday evening (23rd).
    So keep entering!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Throw me into the mix. Thanks for the chance.
    Garyimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Please put My name in the hat. Thanks Rick
  • Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum, but would love a chance to enter. I just started detecting, and the only I have found so far was a 1864 dated grave marker (I believe that is what it is). It was issued by the chester county Pennsylvania's sheriff's office, and is shaped like a star.
  • Options
    Hey John,

It's been awhile since I have been around. Just signed on, saw your giveaway and thought I would enter. I had a pinpointer at one time, and believe it or not, I broke it the last day I was detecting when I was in the UK. Oh well, with the stuff I found that day, I could have cared less if I broke the thing or not. I don't think I ever put pics up of that outing, but that's another thread. Please add my name.

Thanks!!!!

PS--Sorry to hear you let go of your 2500. Did I see that you got a minelab?

Take care!!

Scott
    Speer34

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Hey Scott! Long time no see.

<< <i>PS--Sorry to hear you let go of your 2500. Did I see that you got a minelab? >>

Yep, Couldn't deal with the pain in my shoulder from carrying the Garrett.
    So I now swing a Sovereign which I wear mounted on my hip.

Drawing will be at 6:00 PM EST.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Desert Rat's number came up!

Congrats Danny!

Please PM your addy and I'll get it right out.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Wow!!!!

I was shocked to see my name as the winner! Thank you!

I have gone out so many time wishing I had a pinpointer but like I said earlier, the nearest place to shop is 100 miles away.

This is awesome! image

thanks again John!
  • Options
    You're welcome Danny. I am glad it will be put to good use.
    There was no sense having it lay around collecting dust.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats DeRat!
  • Options
    awfull nice of you goldrush..........here's to you....."you da man"!....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Generous giveaway GR! image

I use a pinpointer (White's bullseye II).
    I initially got it to reduce the risk of damaging targets, particularly deep ones that can be harder to pinpoint accurately with the detector, but have found it to be a great time-saver as well - particularly in the evening/night as it has a light at the end of it. image
    It has probably avoided scratching at least one good target, which happened to be right at the edge of the plug, right where I would have put my digging tool next to make the hole deeper image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an extra Tinytec now, too, now that I have upgraded to a Sun-Ray like John did. But I probably won't give it away for two reasons: first, it is rather quirky in its operational ability, now- sometimes I can barely hear it, and secondly, I will probably keep it for whoever uses my backup detector. (I will keep a second detector as a loaner for those who visit and don't have one).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.