Home Stamps Forum
Options

eBay Price Analysis software?

I'm usually a poster in the PSA Set Registry forum, but wanted to share something I've created with other collectors. I looked all over for something that worked and was fairly cheap, but I couldn't find anything.

I've developed a fairly simple program that downloads current eBay auctions, then tracks them through completion. Once you've downloaded this data, you can get an average price for whatever you're looking at, and generate a graph that shows the price history and trend line. eBay doesn't allow you to do completed auction searches through software, so a feature was added to let the user put in an auction number of a completed auction to include in tracking.

That's the short of it. You can use it to track every single thing your heart desires by doing individual searches for each. I realize there are still some bugs and some stuff that probably needs to be changed, but I wanted to open it up for somewhat of a beta testing. This trial will only let you use it for 20 days and save 3 searches and data. I plan on selling this software, but people of the CU boards will get a 50% discount (for a total of about $8) since I'm letting y'all be my guinea pigs. I know this may be considered spam, but I need to recover development costs.

I invite you to try it out and see if its something you would be interested in using. It can be downloaded for free from here. Please fill out the form so I can email you when new versions come out and you can qualify for the discount. The help file shows how to use it, although its pretty easy to figure out everything if you're not a help file type of person. Either post a thread on here with gripes or email me with comments/concerns/flames. Don't purchase it through the website -- I'll give CU board members a link if they want to purchase it. The only requirements for running it are Windows XP and the .NET 2.0 Framework. The download page has a link on how to get the .NET Framework if you don't have it already. Here's some screenshots too.

I hope this will fill a niche for collectors like us who are looking for a cheap and easy way to price their collectables. Sorry for the spam!

Justin
justin@jjlsoftware.com
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM